Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about the stimulus check being mailed

My elderly mother's check was scheduled to mail 1/6 but haven't seen it yet!

Honored Contributor

Still don't have it yet.  I thought I did, but I was wrong.  I know on the return address it says cardholders something.  Holiday today.  No mail.  Will look for it tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

@savetheanimals wrote:

Has anyone received their stimulus check in the mail yet? When I check the status on the IRS site, it says payment is scheduled to be mailed on January 6, 2021. Does that even mean it was mailed? How long does it take to receive it? If I remember correctly last time we got it a few days after it was mailed. Nothing yet.

Same for me-last one was direct deposit for me with no problems-don't know why this one ws mailed. Yes, same wording and dates-not received yet-but it does say 14 days and I assume that means business days

Trusted Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

I am not happy with the IRS mailing my check. I did not have a choice tho. My last stimulus was received via direct deposit. My last 2 refunds and 1 payment were all processed electronically thru my checking account. So they no longer have this information? Mail delivery is unreliable in my neighborhood. Often I get someone else's mail and someone else gets mine. The neighbors on one side are sketchy & I hope they don't get my check in their mail box. The IRS website tells me it was scheduled to be sent out on Jan. 6. I am still waiting, twisting in the wind. Wish me luck!

Happy day! :catvery-happy: Lady Luck brought me my EIP debit card in yesterday's (Jan. 15th) mail so I can settle down now.

Same for me...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was torn with letting the IRS know my checking account so I could get a direct deposit....but I gritted my teeth.  The less the IRS knows...the better.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a poll on Microsoft News asking if people have received their second stimulus; 49% said they haven't received it, while 36% said they received it.  I found that very interesting.

Honored Contributor

We're on SS and Medicare they know when we pass gas. We haven't got nothing yet either. All my sisters, cousins, Aunt, pals have gotten theirs.

We are under the income threshold since we're retired, but, even though mine was mailed the 6th, nothing.

I'm sure not gonna worry about the 3rd one at all. It's got a long uphill battle anyway. Not gonna worry about it. I would like to get this one since I think we're as entitled as my Aunt, for instance who doesn't even do a tax form. She thinks she doesn't have too ! LOL   We pay in every yr and we get zilch, go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine was direct deposit into my checking account.  Wondeing if there will be another one or if THAT WAS IT. 

Respected Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

Mine was mailed out also on the 6th and I got a debit card in the mail a couple of days later. Check Get My Payment to see if they have any more information. I got a paper check in the mail the first time, but a plastic debit card came the second time.

My sister got a card last time , and she said there was a fee every time she used it ,like to check balances , ect . This time she got direct deposit , and i got a mail check.  Last time i got direct deposit , no big deal just strange.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: Missing check received today. The direct deposit previously reported missing has been received as well. We are good here!