New Contributor

Re: Question about the stimulus check being mailed

if you did receive, know you can call the number on the card and go through the command prompts and you can transfer funds to your bank account through the card. the IRS would never know this detail.

To help others, what state are you in? So far we see a massiv amount of Connecticut and Ohio folks receiving theirs. Perhaps they are rolling out by state or it's just taking a long time in sort from the card service locations.

New Contributor

No, they said if you were scheduled before January 15th will a mail date or direct deposit detail then you can expect it in 2-4 weeks. The deadline is for processing those that the status states "NOT AVAILABLE" as those have not been processed due to 2019 taxes not being processed or address or toher glitches such as the first payment bouncing back to them and not having the correct detail.

They are no longer initiating payments after tomorrow. But if your status shows a mailing date, you can expect it in 2-4 weeks per the IRS.

Respected Contributor

It was just announced on Fox Business News that another stimulus package, including additional payments of $1400, will be coming soon.  There's a news conference scheduled this evening.

Honored Contributor

I'd like to have the 600, personally.

That other business will have to go thru the same ol' rigmaroll of last yr.

Same people blocking it, etc.  Who wants to go thru another yr. of this

We'll all be another year older. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I am still waiting on my stimulus check that was mailed on 1/6. I live in Colorado. The last check came 5 days after it was mailed. Wondering if it was really mailed on that date.

Honored Contributor

We gave up I moved on. My sister got hers Thurs.

Trusted Contributor

Spouse and I received ours in the mail today.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @savetheanimals !  I went online today.  Mine also said mailed 1/6/21 and we received it today but it's a Debit card.  I was a little concerned it was one of many scams going on now but checked the credentials on the IRS site and it appears legit.  A check would have been easier at least for us.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

We gave up I moved on. My sister got hers Thurs.

I found this information. If you are due a check or debit card in the mail, it's probably best to give it some more time to arrive as delays have been caused by postal slow-downs across the country.

if  you still haven't received a check or debit card a week after 15 January, you can contact debit card issuer MetaBank at (800)240-8100 to see if there is a record of payment in your name. If the card never arrives , you can request a new one with no charge. 

Hope this helps everyone still waiting.

Honored Contributor

it seems if you go to the IRS site and use the tool to find your payment status, it says it was mailed 1/6/21....for everyone. We got a paper check the first time....seems direct deposit would be so much safer. We have not received anything yet but have been checking my bank account just in case. I think anyone could get it direct, snail mail, or debit card.