Honored Contributor

Re: Question about the stimulus check being mailed

My husband said looks like it would be easier to send direct to  routing numbers then, mailing a letter.  

Makes one go mmmmmmmmmmm  ?

Honored Contributor

@savetheanimals wrote:

Has anyone received their stimulus check in the mail yet? When I check the status on the IRS site, it says payment is scheduled to be mailed on January 6, 2021. Does that even mean it was mailed? How long does it take to receive it? If I remember correctly last time we got it a few days after it was mailed. Nothing yet.

@savetheanimals   I also got the same exact message... same date. .no check yet....

Honored Contributor

don't feel like the lone ranger.

Respected Contributor

Mini Flowers Small Flower Bunch Machine Embroidery Design. | Etsy

Received our check in the mail yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

I'm happy for you LOL

Honored Contributor

Thursday January 14 mail shows no check either....

Esteemed Contributor

We're still waiting, too.  In the FAQ on the "get my payment" page on the IRS web site, it says that checks mailed in the big January 6th mailing could take 3 to 4 weeks to be received.

Esteemed Contributor

Put me on the lists of still waiting. Who knows what is happening, I guess you just need to have lots of patience.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am still waiting as well.  Yesterday I tried for the first time on the check my payment status on the IRS site or whatever it is called.  Said there was not enough information and to try again in 24 hours.  I did finally on 12/21/20 get a letter from the IRS they that had verified my identity after the identity theft last July and put an Identity Theft indicator on my account.  So we shall see how this all plays out with the stimulus and when I file my taxes in a couple of months.  The theft is all behind me but I may still have to jump through some hoops. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
New Contributor

The 15th deadline are for the users that checked status and the notice said "payment unavilable" need more information, etc. if it shows a payment date, you were already factored into the payment and it was already sent for processing. It doesn't matter as it's already allocated for. If not received in 4 weeks you can go back to the irs.gov website and file a form that states payment was not received and they will trace it. Only after Feb6th though. The IRS has stated in the news it can take 4 weeks in January to get these so it makes no sense to say they are cutting these off if not delivered, that is for the "not available" group not issued a payment date.

My company is working from home for the last 10 months. Yet on rotation we go in and sort and scan the mail for our accounting workload to keep the business going. Today is my day...all the mail I am opening and scanning into today (more than 300 pieces, all show stamp and meter dates of january 6 and 7, coming to a main hub in Houston, TX, on the 14th!  That tells me this is a postal service trying to get out 15 million payments and 4 times that in notices in letters about the stimulus payments made, immediately after a slow holiday season. The Postal service already mentioned they were severly behind. This is the USPS delay.

Oddly enough I received a IRS letter on 1/8 that was dated 11/14/20 telling me they filed my tax return 11/2/20 and the small amount I owe was due on 12/6, but I didn't even get it until Jan. It was already overdue a month before I got it and I opened that mail up and read it in front of 3 people that can testify to that. I got that notice 45 days after generation.

My mailman also states he has seen no IRS items on his route yet. So far I am seeing Connecticut and Ohio have received the most non direct deposit payments (on this and other forums). Perhaps they have less mail in their states.