Honored Contributor

Re: Question about ordering food

I checked the options for Outback Steakhouse.  They don't deliver.  Just pick up and they are far.  Yes, the options are directly from the place or through the Door Dash, etc.  I'll look around some more.  I didn't want to use Door Dash as there is a delivery charge (if you don't join)  I'd rather go directly through the restaurant.

Respected Contributor

Try Postmates also.  Outback in my area delivers.  Also try Uber Eats.  As you can tell, I am an expert of ordering delivery for everything.....

Honored Contributor

Just remember if you do place your order through one of the delivery services and it arrives in less than perfect condition, it's not the restaurants fault.

Honored Contributor

Around here (NYC) - the restaurants or diners or fast food all have websites.  I just order (and pre-pay) online give them a pickup or delivery time.  

Most of the time I pick up - every place I order from is in the neighborhood.  They know me.

For delivery - just have to give the guy a tip.  

Regular Contributor

I've been ordering EVERYTHING delivered for a couple of years. Yes, there's a delivery fee. Plus some (most?) of the time the charge for menu itmes is going to be more than if you were eating in the restaurant. A couple of services are discounting fees if you pay a monthly fee. Depends on how much you use that particular service whether it's worthwhile.

Personally, I'm leaning towards UberEats  lately. DoorDash (now delivery.com) got my account messed up and I decided it wasn't worth having to make a 3rd attempt to get it straightened out. My issue with GrubHub is that they have don't keep their database of available restaurants updated and I had one too many orders cancelled. UberEats seems to not only be able only show restaurants that are actually open but even seems to keep individual menu items current. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Cleaning out all of QVC STUFF?    I've done my share of that too.....and with each item........saying:   no more - no more.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

If you can, please support your local restaurants that offer delivery. 

I live alone in a basement apartment.  I order my all my groceries  and weekend take out includes delivery.   Due to high anxiety,  I do not go out except for Dr. appointments

For my weekend treat it is take-out Chinese and Italian from local restaurants that  deliver with a small charge..  This Saturday supper:  Egg foo young, pork potstickers, fried shrimp, sweet and sour pork spare ribs, shrimp fried rice, cashew chicken,  and bbq pork won ton soup, a bag of fortune cookies.

This  Sunday supper:  Spaghetti and meatballs, linguine with clams in olive oil garlic sauce, minestrone soup, a loaf of sourdough bread, Caesar salad, extra large (21") pepperoni, sausage, mushroom pizza, and tiramisu desert.

Both restaurant menus online, order and pay online with credit card only.  I always add a generous tip to my order.  And it is contactless delivery.

I usually have  leftovers for lunch and suppers..  Sometimes I do not need to cook for a week.  👍

Enjoy your food. 😜

Stay safe. Stay home.

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Honored Contributor

@EatWell    I'm not sure if you're just messing with us, or if you really do order that quantity of food for yourself?🤔

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september 

It is none of your business and rude to question how much I eat.  I happen to have an anxiety disorder.   I order food in large amounts because I avoid going out from my apartment except for Dr. appointments.
What is wrong with ordering more, and having some the following day(s) as leftovers?  The delivery charge is the same wheter I order a little or a lot.  

Stay safe. Stay home.”

~Put food in front of me, and I will eat it.~

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

@EatWell    I'm not sure if you're just messing with us, or if you really do order that quantity of food for yourself?🤔

@EatWell Please don't answer this rude out of line question. @september It is none of your business. It is not OK to shame anyone about what they eat!