Esteemed Contributor

Question about Amazon returns

I know how to make a return to Amazon but I have never returned more than one item (different items) at same time in same box.  Can I do that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Amazon returns

You do not have to pack anything.  Take the items to your local UPS Store.  They do all the packing.  It's up to them if they pack everything in one package.  Make sure you get a receipt.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@patbz  I think Kohls takes returns for Amazon and packs and ships them for you so you could go to your local Kohls and ge hels.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I just returned an item to the UPS Store last week.  No fuss or packing.  Just went to the store with my item.  Took less than 5 minutes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I know the process is easy ( I've done it many times) but I have ordered a lot this month and to return 4-5 items ( never done that).

Honored Contributor

@patbz  Doesn't  matter how many returns you have.  UPS Store does everything.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

You do not have to pack anything.  Take the items to your local UPS Store.  They do all the packing.  It's up to them if they pack everything in one package.  Make sure you get a receipt.

UPS does packing for a fee, but the instructions I have from Amazon indicate that you are to package the return and present UPS with the package and the QR code on your phone. This is a cut-and-paste from their instructions:

• Ensure that there are no other tracking labels attached to your package. If you are shipping any non-hazardous items, completely remove or cover any hazardous materials markings.
  • Boxes should be packed and sealed before dropping off at The UPS Store location or packaging charges may apply.
  • Take the package to The UPS Store. Store hours are subject to change due to COVID-19 precautions, please confirm opening hours before proceeding.To find your closest location, visit The UPS Store locator.
  • Show the Return code on your mobile. The UPS Store associate will scan the return code and print the label.

The benefits are that you don't have to print off a label, you get a receipt when they accept the item, and I believe your refund is processed more quickly. That goes for a straightforward return, of course. I've never returned items from more than one order.

This site, the QVC forum, is not a good place to get information like this, especially when Amazon will give you the instructions that you should rely on. 

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I know how to make a return to Amazon but I have never returned more than one item (different items) at same time in same box.  Can I do that?

start your return and check off the items you want to send back and "it" will tell you what to do.

easiest is to use the box up and return to UPS. 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@patbz  Doesn't  matter how many returns you have.  UPS Store does everything.

Yes, they do everything for a FEE.

They charge for everything they have to package, I am always asked to I want to pay now for the packaging or have it deducted from my return.

Kohls does not charge for packaging.

Honored Contributor

I get my QR code from the Amazon website and then bring it to the UPS store, it is really pretty easy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.