Honored Contributor

Re: Question For My Fellow Southpaws

I eat and write with my left hand, but throw a ball with my right, bowling ball too!! To be honest, I never noticed how I put my pants or socks on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@PinkyPetunia Agree about the watch. I've never known a lefty who wore it on the left side.

@Love my grandkids   I'm a lefty and I wear my watch on my left arm.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

My husband and I of soon to be 55 years marriage are both South Paws and no longer wear socks. H_ll, we can’t remember who we are most days of the week. Anyway, problem solved.

Honored Contributor

I don't wear a watch anymore.  Actually I hated it and it was the first thing that came off when I got home from work.  (the watch and the bra!) Smiley Very Happy

But I always wore it on my left arm and never understood why it seemed that most left-handed people wore theirs on their right arm.  I should have asked.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a lefty who does pretty much everything with my left hand. Write, eat, iron, hold a bat, throw a bowling ball, using scissors (which was quite painful). I also wear my watch on my left wrist -- as do two other lefties in my family. The only thing I can think of that I do like a right handed person is play the violin -- just because that's how I was taught. 

edited to add -- I also put my right sock on first, same with shoes.

Honored Contributor

I'm a lefty too but I never paid attention to how I put socks on. I have to check it out now🧦🧦

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I iron with my left hand.

I use scissors in my right hand, I tried left handed scissors once and that was the end of that. 

I use a chef's knife in my left hand but I use the dinner knife in my right, I've always held the fork in my left hand.

Glass measuring cups are made for right handed people, if you want to see the cups and ounces, not the metric measurements, you need the handle to be on the right side. 

Fancy tea cups are made for right handed people too, if you use your left hand to pick it up you don't get to see the main design. 

This means you are ambidextrous @CelticCrafter 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a leftie.  I don't wear socks, but I do wear my watch on my left wrist. 

Do any of you other lefties hold your pen/pencil in a weird way (bend your hand around)?  My teachers always used to try and get me to hold it the correct way, but it never worked.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@PinkyPetunia Agree about the watch. I've never known a lefty who wore it on the left side.

@Love my grandkids @PinkyPetunia 

I DO wear my watch on my left wrist....LOL

And I DO have a poor sense of direction....

Another left-hand watch wearer here.

I have a great sense of direction. I think that comes from having two parents with no sense of direction. If we were ever to get someplace, I'd have to guide us there. It was not unusual for my mom (a rightie by the way) to get absolutely lost and circle Cherry Hill Mall for an hour or more even after getting directions several times before giving up and going back home empty-handed.

My dad, unlike many men, was a nonstop "Let's stop and ask for directions" guy. You could be going someplace sixty miles away and he'd want to stop at the first gas station and ask for directions. He'd never follow the directions, but he'd ask for them. "You just got directions five minutes ago!" "I know, but I just want to be sure." Suffice to say, I became the chief navigator of the family at a very young age.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Linmo 

My husband and I both write kinda upside down/bent around so that we don’t smear the ink or end up with the side of our left hand smeared with pencil lead (like back in our school days).