Honored Contributor

@patbz I've been thinking that very same thing,

Honored Contributor

Her problem is mobility, that is not caused by family problems. It's caused by her age. And maybe covid has had an effect on her too, who knows. 

Since rumors have been reported that she refuses to be seen in public in a wheelchair (which if true is sad and unfortunate, she could help so many disabled people by doing so), if true that's probably why she doesn't attend public events that require standing or lots of movement.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Queen and Parliment

[ Edited ]

There are many factors that have contributed to her appearing to be increasingly passing the torch. While age is primary among them the stress created by loss and family discord have no doubt played a part as well. She need not step down completely to progressively delegate tasks and responsibilities and this appears to be pretty much what she is doing. Charles and William have been in training their entire lives. One has to assume they're as ready as they're ever going to be to pick up the slack.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Her problem is mobility, that is not caused by family problems. It's caused by her age. And maybe covid has had an effect on her too, who knows. 

Since rumors have been reported that she refuses to be seen in public in a wheelchair (which if true is sad and unfortunate, she could help so many disabled people by doing so), if true that's probably why she doesn't attend public events that require standing or lots of movement.

Yes, her age is a factor but emotions do have a physical affect.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Queen and Parliment

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Yes, what she's been through with Andrew- the millions he had to pay out for squashing the abuse of a minor story- that was trying for the Queen I'm sure. Plus the loss of her husband and then Covid.

On the other hand, she must take great pleasure in the strength and stability of the rest of her family. Right down to her great grandchildren. It is a blessing to know your grandchildren and great grandchildren are happy and productive.

I saw pics of the Queen a month or so ago and she looked lovely and she was walking. I don't think she is imobile. I think she no longer has the stamina to walk, stand and mingle like she used to.

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Yes, what she's been through with Andrew- the millions he had to pay out for squashing the abuse of a minor story- that was trying for the Queen I'm sure.

On the other hand, she must take great pleasure in the strength and stability of the rest of her family. Right down to her great grandchildren. It is a blessing to know your grandchildren and great grandchildren are happy and productive.

I saw pics of the Queen a month or so ago and she looked lovely and she was walking. I don't think she is imobile. I think she no longer has the stamina to walk, stand and mingle like she used to.

I imagine the royal family being accused of racists didn't help matters, either.

Honored Contributor

I hope she rules for at least another 10 years! 

That would be great!

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic  Interesting, isn't it, that all the angst created by a certain twosome is conveniently left out of the equation... Woman Wink 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@golding76 The official spokes people for the Queen have repeatedly put out statments that she will not break protocol by stepping down.

That is my recollection also @Love my grandkids . The Queen stated she will not "step down" it is not what one does.  When she passes then Charles will be King.

Trusted Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Yes, what she's been through with Andrew- the millions he had to pay out for squashing the abuse of a minor story- that was trying for the Queen I'm sure.

I imagine the royal family being accused of racists didn't help matters, either.

You mean it was revealed someone in the family asked about the color of baby Archie? I thought the Queen and Prince Phillip were ruled out?

I would say Andrew and his criminal relationship with a trafficked minor gave the Queen a bit more of a headache.