Honored Contributor

I think when we see the Queen, we see her at her best for that day -  maybe that week.  It's possible those who spend much more time with her have been seeing chinks in that strong armor she seems to have against aging.

No matter what she has survived -  and she certainly has pushed forward against some terrible experiences -- being 95 is its own challenge.

Trusted Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Her problem is mobility, that is not caused by family problems. It's caused by her age. And maybe covid has had an effect on her too, who knows. 

Since rumors have been reported that she refuses to be seen in public in a wheelchair (which if true is sad and unfortunate, she could help so many disabled people by doing so), if true that's probably why she doesn't attend public events that require standing or lots of movement.

Yes, her age is a factor but emotions do have a physical affect.

Yes, what she's been through with Andrew- the millions he had to pay out for squashing the abuse of a minor story- that was trying for the Queen I'm sure.

On the other hand, she must take great pleasure in the strength and stability of the rest of her family. Right down to her great grandchildren. It is a blessing to know your grandchildren and great grandchildren are happy and productive.

I saw pics of the Queen a month or so ago and she looked lovely and she was walking. I don't think she is imobile. I think she no longer has the stamina to walk, stand and mingle like she used to.

I imagine the royal family being accused of racists didn't help matters, either.

You mean it was revealed someone in the family asked about the color of baby Archie? I thought the Queen and Prince Phillip were ruled out?

I would say Andrew and his criminal relationship with a trafficked minor gave the Queen a bit more of a headache.

I read somewhere yesterday that they're wanting to do a second interview with Oprah for damage control.

LOL

Good luck with that.

As far as Andrew's behavior being more damaging, who knows? At least it was his own misbehavior and not a direct attack on the royal family, which in my mind, is way more hurtful and damaging.

Esteemed Contributor

Charles sure doesn't look all that spry and agile either.

Trusted Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Her problem is mobility, that is not caused by family problems. It's caused by her age. And maybe covid has had an effect on her too, who knows. 

Since rumors have been reported that she refuses to be seen in public in a wheelchair (which if true is sad and unfortunate, she could help so many disabled people by doing so), if true that's probably why she doesn't attend public events that require standing or lots of movement.

Yes, her age is a factor but emotions do have a physical affect.

Yes, what she's been through with Andrew- the millions he had to pay out for squashing the abuse of a minor story- that was trying for the Queen I'm sure.

On the other hand, she must take great pleasure in the strength and stability of the rest of her family. Right down to her great grandchildren. It is a blessing to know your grandchildren and great grandchildren are happy and productive.

I saw pics of the Queen a month or so ago and she looked lovely and she was walking. I don't think she is imobile. I think she no longer has the stamina to walk, stand and mingle like she used to.

I imagine the royal family being accused of racists didn't help matters, either.

You mean it was revealed someone in the family asked about the color of baby Archie? I thought the Queen and Prince Phillip were ruled out?

I would say Andrew and his criminal relationship with a trafficked minor gave the Queen a bit more of a headache.

I read somewhere yesterday that they're wanting to do a second interview with Oprah for damage control.

LOL

Good luck with that.

As far as Andrew's behavior being more damaging, who knows? At least it was his own misbehavior and not a direct attack on the royal family, which in my mind, is way more hurtful and damaging.

Your source for the info is suspect, imo. I don't believe gossip magazines or anonymous bloggers on the internet. So we'll agree to disagree.

Trusted Contributor

I never stated who my source was, so how could it be suspect?

You are assuming.

One should never do that.

As for Charles looking rode-hard-and-put-up-wet, maybe Camilla keeps him up at night?

LOL

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness! Has anyone seen the New York Post today?  Wowza!

Honored Contributor

She's nearly 100 and she is winding down.  The body is a complicated machine and she had her good days and her bad days now.  She's just not up to the public aspects of her job.  Buckingham Palace announced a while ago that appearances by the Queen would be day by day.  

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

It would not surprise me if she "retires" & hands the crown down to Charles (& possibly make Camilla "Queen") by years end.

Some of the British papers have speculated that after the Jubilee celebration, she will retire and Charles will be named Regent.  I do think Charles and Camilla will be king and queen before Christmas.  

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I wouldn't be too surprised if she passes right before the official Jubilee Celebrations

( just as Betty White and George Burns passed right before their milestone birthdays).

I think she is holding on for the Jubilee 

Honored Contributor

When I first saw the photos this morning of Prince Charles and the others I thought this feels so wrong.  Of course it is coming to pass sooner each day.  But it did feel really weird seeing someone else sitting in her seat, even if it was her heir.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."