Honored Contributor

QVC is taking donations for the RED CROSS

See the top of the page on Q's website and open the message.  You can donate whatever you want.  Thanks, Q, for the support.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is taking donations for the RED CROSS

Have they done this before?

Valued Contributor

This is a link to the Red Cross where you donate to RC, QVC is not taking the donations, they're directly through the Red Cross.

Helen852
Honored Contributor

Actually, I thought they put that link up the other day when all this started in Texas.  Good for QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes @Krimpette, that banner has been at the top of the page for a couple/few days.

QVC has provided a link directing potential doners to Red Cross.

@Katcat1, could you edit your headline (?)

Honored Contributor

QVC has put up a banner link directly to the Red Cross website - as if you or I posted it in a thread.  QVC isn't "taking donations" - which would be, you send your money to QVC, they would tally it and send it to the Red Cross; that's not happening.

There are links to the Red Cross website everywhere you look online, as well as in almost every store you walk into, as well as news media dropoff sites. It's pretty difficult to avoid the opportunity to donate. It's not like QVC did anything special. If you turn on your computer, phone or tablet you will be stumbling over links. QVC has just done what every other retailer is doing  because if they didn't, people would be all OMG, why aren't they, that's disgraceful, etc. (see other thread).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I would also like to mention another site where the money will go directly to victims.  It was started by JJ Watt who gave $100,000 of his own money.  YouCaring.com?JJWatt.  Can't imagine how awful this is for all these people.  Keeping them in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The point of the post was to simply make aware you can make a donation to help the victims of this life changing tragedy. When people are in such dire straits it seems so petty to quibble over the OP words. Please give in what ever way you choose. We always come together in times of need no matter what our differences.

Honored Contributor

I think most people, who are inclined to donate, could find the Red Cross site without QVC pointing the way.  Maybe not - you never know.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that whenever there is a major catastrophe, QVC has a link for donations.  They do not have to do that, and I am confident that the Q donates quite a bit of money.  While it is true that there are links everywhere online, not all of them are legitimate.  I think QVC shoppers trust the Q to make sure that the donations go to appropriate and legitimate outlets.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!