Honored Contributor

Re: QVC is taking donations for the RED CROSS

The Salvation Army is also part of the FEMA team and is a presence in the disaster area.  They are accepting donations at:

https://give.salvationarmyusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=27651&mfc_pref=T&27651.donation=form1&gclid=C... 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I believe that whenever there is a major catastrophe, QVC has a link for donations.  They do not have to do that, and I am confident that the Q donates quite a bit of money.  While it is true that there are links everywhere online, not all of them are legitimate.  I think QVC shoppers trust the Q to make sure that the donations go to appropriate and legitimate outlets.

I can't imagine thinking that QVC of all places is more honest, more genuine, more trustworthy, than the major news media, the Red Cross itself (how hard is it to type "Red Cross" into a search engine), or your bank or local supermarket for starters.

There are people who are so insular that they live and die by what QVC gives them, and place that much trust in QVC. The same people who buy a $650 electronic device two years old from QVC for $900. Sad on several levels.

Is it a good/nice thing they have the banner? Of course. But it's not "better" of them to have it, or special that they do.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Salvation Army is also part of the FEMA team and is a presence in the disaster area.  They are accepting donations at:

https://give.salvationarmyusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=27651&mfc_pref=T&27651.donation=form1&gclid=C... 

Thank you for mentioning this, @Kachina624. I have nothing against the Red Cross, but when I had need of catastrophic services, the Salvation Army stepped up equally or more to the Red Cross with help. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge,   So I made a mistake my intentions were good.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Samaritan's Purse gives 88% to the cause .... others are some times questionable as to the actual % being given.

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That would be my choice since the Salvation Army has the lowest overhead of any such organization.  Thanks for the heads up,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

Samaritan's Purse gives 88% to the cause .... others are some times questionable as to the actual % being given.

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Samaritan's Purse is a highly organized relief fund.  They even provide sleeping quarters for overnight volunteers.  Volunteers need to bring their own air mattresses or cots, bed linens, and personal hygiene items.  They even tell them how to dress, bring boots, safety glasses, etc. so as not to add to the problems.  They supply tools and will be helping knock down damaged dry wall, pull up ruined floors, patch roofs, and anything that can get people back into their own homes....at least those that can be salvaged. 

I am always so impressed with how organized they are.

Honored Contributor

Samaritan's Purse has been a little too controversial in the past.

I, personally, feel the American Red Cross

is the best charitable organization.

Always first to respond.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@x Hedge,   So I made a mistake my intentions were good.

Of course they are. So are mine.

I'd hate to see potential donors frustrated and giving up after they call QVC customer service thinking Q is going to take their donation for Red Cross. 

@Katcat1

Valued Contributor

sidsmom wrote:

Samaritan's Purse has been a little too controversial in the past.

I, personally, feel the American Red Cross

is the best charitable organization.

Always first to respond.

@sidsmom  

I believe you are thinking of World Vision, which was "in the news" ....not Samaritan's Purse.   Please do not tarnish an organization based on your memory, I would appreciate you posting your findings of your statement.   Samaritan's Purse is also the organizers of Operation Christmas Child. 

Thank you.