Trusted Contributor

QVC bought out HSN, so I heard awhile back....

Trusted Contributor

No, that's not what happened. People keep repeating this as if it is true. Not just you, @Leiloni, but I continue to see people express this understanding. The parent company of QVC, also now owns HSN. They are two companies owned by the same company. It looks like there may be some merging,  but at this point they are two separate companies, just owned by the same parent company. 

Honored Contributor

I much prefer the Q.  I don't shop at any of the other channels.  

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I much prefer the Q.  I don't shop at any of the other channels.  

I agree @GCR18, except for the issuing of refunds, HSN has it hands down over QVC on that score !!!!

Valued Contributor

Hsn has better discounts and often has 20% off coupons.Now that Taya moved to Qvc it is much more expensive.

Respected Contributor

Didn't QVC buy HSN?  If so, seems the next step in whatever process there is to merging the two; if that's the intent.  Who knows?

Respected Contributor

No, they didn't.    The company that owns QVC bought HSN.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for telling me this in such a polite manner, I have been very confused about who, what, where, when & why. Actually, some employees at HSN don't really know, seems many of us are very confused. I will share what you told me & again I thank you, you're a sweetie!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Ugh! That can't be good. I hope this doesn't bring HSN down to the Q's level. HSN is far superior in their sales, shipping, CS, hosts, you name it. They need to be separte entities. No merger.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Mindy Grossman remade HSN from the ground up.  They have many fabulous lines there:  Sporto boots, Naturalizer shoes, Iman's jeans, Marla Wynne, Giuliana Rancic, Wendy Williams, Serena Williams, Antthony (wonderful sweater coats), and many more.  They discount heavily while QVC does not.  I love HSN.

Mindy Grossman left HSN in 2017 for Weight Watchers.  It was reported in several business journals that she had a very rough 2016 at HSN and the first quarter financials for 2017 weren't good either.

I think Mindy got out before she was put out either because of the poor financials or because of the Liberty Media buyout.