Honored Contributor

Atmospheric river of rain for SF Bay Area and surrounding

For @Noel7 and other SF Bay Area residents, I love this image showing we'll get heavy rain and gusty wind Friday through Saturday:

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Atmospheric river of rain for SF Bay Area and surrounding

@GingerPeach wrote:

For @Noel7 and other SF Bay Area residents, I love this image showing we'll get heavy rain and gusty wind Friday through Saturday:

Great representation @GingerPeach ! They say it's really going to be something. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Homegirl.  That's such an interesting picture.  Good to know, driving to Bay Area from Sac on Sunday, we may miss it.

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I like it, but I'm thinking it's the last major rain of the season....so I hope it drops enough rain to put us into a normal rainfall year 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I'm not sure I like it, but I'm thinking it's the last major rain of the season....so I hope it drops enough rain to put us into a normal rainfall year 

@september

Me too.  I mean the saying, "april showers bring May flowers"". But I hope ot doesnt hail.  For my gardens sake.  My poor nectarine tree.  It is only 5 years old, and was a gorgeous, bountiful provider.  But last year and this year it seems the weather done it in.  Last uear in the middle of blossoming, we had hail.  , then weeks of rain all out of season.  So, it was stunted, then got leaf curl, and produced one nectarine.  The trees this year look really nad.  I think the hot summer and fall. Then warm weather til late january.  We had freezing nights  a couple weeks ago and tha didnt help. 

But, we do need rain, and hopefully this storm will provide us with  relief

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

The last I heard, my area is supposed to get 3 inches of rain over a 3-day period.   Right now the forecast is for another 3 days of rain Tuesday-Thursday.  I also read they might be using the Oroville Dam flood control spillway for the first time since it was damaged in 2017.

Honored Contributor

Well  it is Friday, and almost everything that was predicted...didn't happen.  I did prepare.  But the thursday 100% storm that was due to hit yesterday, turned into. 60% chance, and then moved to today.  It sprinkled last night for an hour last night, and it has drizzled for 2 hours today.  Did anyone else actually get pounding rain?

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty.  I think we got a lot of rain last night.  I know it woke me a few times.  Will hear the rainfall total when the local news comes on at 5. 

Today has been drizzly, but it's not over yet.  

Honored Contributor

Here's a water vapor image from the GOES west satellite form NOAA:

wv.jpg

I think these water vapor maps are stunningly beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@shoekitty.  I think we got a lot of rain last night.  I know it woke me a few times.  Will hear the rainfall total when the local news comes on at 5. 

Today has been drizzly, but it's not over yet.  

@septemberand

@shoekitty

It rained here last night and just when they said it would.  Still raining when I fell asleep.  Raining now, also.