Just fix it QVC

Honored Contributor

Re: ****QVC Website - Serious Security Vulnerability****

@sidsmom wrote:

I would think for many of QVC members who are visually impaired 

or have dexterity issues, the visual password function would be 

welcomed.  IMO.

Shoekitty said

amazon and many sites do this.  It is only visable to you ,so you can see what you are typing in.  A couple times i was grareful for this option, as I was on my second try, and when typing the third try I saw I was hitting the edge of the r, rather than the e on my ipad.  I have RA, and two of typing fingers are so crooked it is hard to type correctly all the time

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The password will show if you are using Internet Explorer 11 or Chrome on a desktop windows 7 computer to log in.

QVC has always, IMO, had a laissez-faire attitude toward their own IT and their own website security. I think it will bite them if they don't take it seriously as parts of their company must now fall under the European Union's GDPR or the General Data Protection Regulation as QVC sells in EU countries.

Here is a Forbes article explaining the GDPR:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2018/02/14/what-is-general-data-protection-regulation/#6f6bd1a462...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

THIS  😳

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 SIGN IN WIDE OPEN.png

((I am using both SAFARI and CHROME desk top)

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Super Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

The problem is QVC is not taking our online security seriously.  They are not protecting our information properly and they better start taking cyber security seriously or I and thousands others won’t be shopping here anymore.

1. QVC has never offered the option of showing my password, when I log in.  
  2. I shop on several websites Nordies  being one,that, offered me that choice, when I reset my password.
  3. Do you  really think you can make shopping decisions, for thousands of other customers?
  4. FOX, you would report the story to FOX?  Oh Dear! 🤨(couldn’t resist)😈 
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

o@SUHsE wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

The problem is QVC is not taking our online security seriously.  They are not protecting our information properly and they better start taking cyber security seriously or I and thousands others won’t be shopping here anymore.

1. QVC has never offered the option of showing my password, when I log in.  
  2. I shop on several websites Nordies  being one,that, offered me that choice, when I reset my password.
  3. Do you  really think you can make shopping decisions, for thousands of other customers?
  4. FOX, you would report the story to FOX?  Oh Dear! 🤨(couldn’t resist)😈 

@SUHsE It would be nice if you read the whole thread and understood the problem before you commented. You are not talking about the same thing that the rest of us are.

This is a known security vulnerability that QVC has been trying to fix for months now.

QVC Customer Care has stated (in this thread) that they have opened another Technical Support help ticket to fix the problem. Yes, it is a big deal to those of us experiencing the problem as it puts our data at risk and QVC is not responding in a timely manner to fix it.

Also, FOX is the number one news network in the nation. A story about QVC making customers passwords vulnerable on their website and not responding to fix it wouldn’t 

necessarily be the publicity they want. I’m sure QVC will fix the problem shortly so that our personal and financial data are no longer at risk.😊

QVC Customer Care

Good Morning !!!

I just wanted to followup and let everyone know that we have been advised the "password issue has been corrected.

So sorry if this caused anyone unnecessary alarm.

Have a great Tuesday!

Susan Q-Social

Trusted Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

Good Morning !!!

I just wanted to followup and let everyone know that we have been advised the "password issue has been corrected.

So sorry if this caused anyone unnecessary alarm.

Have a great Tuesday!

Susan Q-Social

@Susan-QVC  Thank you Susan! It’s no longer defaulting to showing my password.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it worked. Just signed in and no password showing. Have to disagree about fox though!