Respected Contributor

A kind word, a smile, a helping hand...we never know what others are going through,some of us share our feelings, others don't, and that's okay. Just be kind...thank you!

Occasional Contributor

If only more people would do it.

Honored Contributor

I saved this quote that was posted earlier because of so much truth in the saying.

AE961FAB-0B74-417D-AA89-4B0C248A5584.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I agree, kindness does matter always.

But some things are unavoidable to comment on when they are spot on !

But we can express without being totally unkind and unfeeling.

Esteemed Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

A kind word, a smile, a helping hand...we never know what others are going through,some of us share our feelings, others don't, and that's okay. Just be kind...thank you!

This is very true and a kind word can make a huge difference, especially when someone is feeling down or like they are not enough. I know from experience.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56

I am in agreement.  There are many sincere, kind hearts here; they are wonderful to know and should be treasured.

However, some come with the intent of being mean / rude, and having the last word.  Perhaps they have no other resource and need to make themselves feel better.

They are not easy to “hear”, or pass by.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@fourpaws56

I am in agreement.  There are many sincere, kind hearts here; they are wonderful to know and should be treasured.

However, some come with the intent of being mean / rude, and having the last word.  Perhaps they have no other resource and need to make themselves feel better.

They are not easy to “hear”, or pass by.

How sad for these posters.

Respected Contributor

Hello OP,   I assume you are an animal lover from your nic... if so, I find those who adore pets usually have a kind heart like no other.   Your words are wise, thanks for the post~!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for posting. I think more people would originate posts if they didn't have to endure slings and arrows of a few people just waiting to pounce. That being said -- the majority of posters are delightful. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

In theory I agree. 

In practice, it gets muddled and there is often a grey area. 

What one person perceives as unkind is seen as 'realistic' or maybe even 'tough love' that someone needs to hear. 

And a pattern of someone being unkind to others (here or in real life) sometimes necessitates giving back in kind, as they don't seem to respond to kindness or understanding.