Honored Contributor

Re: ****QVC Website - Serious Security Vulnerability****

It does not affect everyone.

I use 4 diff systems

Chrome on my cell

Silkbrowser on my Amazon Tablet

Firefox on a desk top

Microsoft Explorer on a desk top

and my password is not now, nor has it been showing at all.  Just the dots.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I use 4 diff systems

Chrome on my cell

Firefox on a desk top

@RespectLife: I use Firefox but I use a HP laptop; wonder if that is the difference?

Regular Contributor

I'm on my desktop computer. QVC showed my password beneath the password input box. 

Honored Contributor

@icaughtu wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

I use 4 diff systems

Chrome on my cell

Firefox on a desk top

@RespectLife: I use Firefox but I use a HP laptop; wonder if that is the difference?

Gosh @icaughtu  I have no idea!  Weird, isn't it?  One desktop I use is older than dirt, the other fairly old (both at work)...but my cell and tablet are new w/in the 6 mos.

I have NEVER heard of a major security breach with QVC like other sites/companies have had, so I am not really worried about.

Those evil hackers will find a way no matter what you do to provide security!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I use Firefox on a desktop, as well as Safari on my Ipad to access QVC.  BOTH of them show my password.  I can click on "hide," but the next time I try to access QVC, it's back to "show."  PITA

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Okay some say it is a security problem ,some say not, has anyone looked into information on this ,if it is or not?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Okay some say it is a security problem ,some say not, has anyone looked into information on this ,if it is or not?

@goldensrbest If you look within this thread, QVC customer service said they once again have opened up a ticket looking into the security vulnerability. If seeing your password displayed in the clear is not a problem for you then you would not consider this a security problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest If you look within this thread, QVC customer service said they once again have opened up a ticket looking into the security vulnerability. If seeing your password displayed in the clear is not a problem for you then you would not consider this a security problem. 

Asking ,because i have been looking up info. ,and as with everything it seems you get various opinons.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Asking ,because i have been looking up info. ,and as with everything it seems you get various opinons.

I agree, it’s always wise to do your own research and not go by hearsay. QVC is aware of this security vulnerability and they have attempted to fix it several times. They need to invest a little more money in their Tech Division or eventually they could be investing it in their legal defense when customers data is breached.

Honored Contributor

@Kim-QVC wrote:

Please be aware that a service request has been opened regarding this. Thank you for posting in our Community forums. We will keep you advised on any updates that we receive. ~Kim, Customer Care

======

Thanks, I hope you can fix it soon. I hate seeing my password when I sign in.