Occasional Contributor

I do hope that with this merger happening that HSN shipping prices don't hit the roof like QVC prices.  At least with HSN you had alot more choices for free shipping and the shipping costs were at least half of what qvc charges now.  Not a happy camper about this merger.

I should've known something was up when Joy and Iman announced no more joint ventures and then Joy said no more holiday hanger blowout sales at christmas.  Now I'm noticing that everything she did is on clearance.  You guys made a huge error.  Suggestion, if hsn wants to keep their customers please fight for our shipping to stay at a NORMAL price.  I will miss Joy and all of her products.

Honored Contributor

It appears that shipping charges will be the same for both channels.  QVC raised the price on clothing to $3.50 and HSN did the same.  Give them a year and you wont be able to tell the difference between the two channels.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Probably my biggest complaint with qvc is when they put handbags on clearance or sale, i.e. D & B - they take 5-10 dollars off orig. price but then you are paying 10 dollars + for shipping.  Out of control.  qvc WAS my place to shop until the shipping went over the top.  I went to hsn for that reason.  Still shop here, but mostly buy free ship items in case i have to return something, which I do My Way.

Contributor

I have been writing about the merger for months.  It is a very big mistake for the customers but not for greedy QVC.  

Loved have different vendors on different shows.  Now QVC is purging their vendors to HSN and it will turn out to be the same old same old.

The Hosts on HSN were always great and down to earth, not like, especially the newer Hosts on QVC, show offs, talk about nonsense all the time, turn their back to the cameras and are all about themselves.

QVC ruined a lot with their shipping and handling changes and if you noticed at Christmas when doing mark downs they extended their easy pay with a slight discount on goods.    Have lost interest in QVC and what it has to offer, all these expensive vendors, Designers.  Who needs it.

And Quacker Factory,  40.00/50.00 dollars for crop pants.   Tops are very expensive and same with Denim and Company.   They all wash out within time and not worth 40/50 dollars.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize that the two companies had merged.  I thought that they were now both owned by Quarate.  I just can't keep up!

Trusted Contributor

Joy sold her company to HSN ages ago.  She was on as the face of the company, just like Mally.  What is happening now has nothing to do with Joy.  It's a Qurate decison now.  

Trusted Contributor

And no, no merger.  HSN and QVC are sister companies along with all of the other companies listed at the bottom of this website.  All are now owned by Qurate.  

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I didn't realize that the two companies had merged.  I thought that they were now both owned by Quarate.  I just can't keep up!

They did not merge. People mistakingly are saying that. They are both owned by Quarate as you stated. They have been crossing over with brands but they did not merge.

Honored Contributor

QVC and HSN did not merge.  They are still separate entities.  They both just both part of the Qurate Retail group now.

Occasional Contributor

Of course it's their decision.  It's their way of giving her the finger!  Remember, she started on qvc - then HSN gave her a much better deal and eventually sold her company to them.  I think, just my thought, qvc knew they were going to boot her off.  They were very upset when she left them.  Again, just my thought!!  And, if I'm right, it shows just how greedy and nasty they can be.  You are right about their hosts - don't like 90% of them.