Contributor

The HSN Hosts are FAR superior to the QVC. Coleen Lopez is terrific, as are most all the others. They do NOT talk over the guests, they are prepared and very knowledgeable about the products.

Trusted Contributor

@Ke wrote:

Of course it's their decision.  It's their way of giving her the finger!  Remember, she started on qvc - then HSN gave her a much better deal and eventually sold her company to them.  I think, just my thought, qvc knew they were going to boot her off.  They were very upset when she left them.  Again, just my thought!!  And, if I'm right, it shows just how greedy and nasty they can be.  You are right about their hosts - don't like 90% of them.

Most qvc hosts have very odd "in front of the camera" techniques, movements and speech.  They pose and speak in a strange baby talk/cutesy style.  I very rarely watch.  The hsn hosts so far do not "perform" like the qvc people.  Maybe some viewers like to watch "cutesy".  I do not.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It looks like a merger, acts like a merger, is a de facto merger..

Cracks me up when folks get bent out of shape about this.  Q bought HSN!

@Johnnyeager   They get bent out of shape because it's incorrect.  Do you find being wrong to be so funny?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Ke You are not wrong. Qurate, which is their new name btw, bought all of HSN, they owned abbout 1/3 before all of this. Qurate bought HSN 100 % months ago. It's confusing. But the Q, whcih  is the biggest money maker in this regimene, is  going to cannibalize HSN, It's just a matter of time. Thye have to. It's business.

Valued Contributor

Qurate now makes the calls. They are re-branding left and right. 

Valued Contributor

@Krimpetteas best as i can tell, you are right, quarate owns both hsn & qvc. i think many are saying that qvc bought hsn because out of all the brands quarate owns, qvc makes the most money and would be in the best $position$ to purchase hsn.

Trusted Contributor

I can find just about anything either of them sells out in the market now. They have lost their "something special" with the fast paced way online buying was accepted and people began shopping by online shopping elsewhere so quickly. Gone are the days where it is "only sold at QVC".

In Sam's just this week I saw Barefoot Dreams, Cudleduds, Stan Herman, some garden stuff that is the same, shoes, vacuums, kitchenware. Even the Debbie (?) green plastic food containers.  I felt like I was in a QVC store!

Prices were 1/4th the price on QVC. I realize Sam's and Costco pick up the overstock to these bigger companies, and if you see it, want it, you buy it because what they have is all they will have. But it sure beats paying $12.98 for a set of Stans PJ sets vs $54.00 on QVC.

The only one I was worried about was Andrew Lessman. I will not buy any other vitamins/supplements. Trust, I trust Andrew 100%. For clean ingredients, the way he sources his ingredients, and mostly because I know they are fresh, not sitting in a warehouse or on the store shelf for months. I recently called Pro-Caps Lab (Andrews company), and I am not worried at all now. STELLAR customer service. Very informative if you need further explanation of a product, so friendly. So if they kick Andrew off, I will just go to his company and buy.

All the other random stuff is out in CVS/Walgreens/Rite-Aid, things like shavers, steel hoses, copper cookeware (it is all in the "as seen on TV" aisle).

My guess is that all home shopping networks are clamoring to figure out how to stay relevant in these days of online shopping. I noticed the $5.00 S&H went to $5.50, and now $7.50 for some things. Too many places online offer free shipping, or free shipping after $35.00, more reasonable prices.

I can see the day coming when home shopping just goes away. You can already see it it hurting them. They are on 24/7, but if you actually count how many products they present on air in a 24 hour period, it is about 15-20. They air things over and over and over. That is what is going to do them in.

Occasional Contributor

Exactly - THANK YOU JOHNNY!  I kept reading the article scratching my head.  I was right, they bought, took over, merged, whatever word you want to use.