Trusted Contributor

@Zita wrote:

Absolutely right! You must use up the contents within seven days of opening. Says so right on the box, as well as on Kitchen Basics containers. I often freeze what I don't use immediately. Don't blame the company because you didn't read and heed the directions.

Exactly.

Esteemed Contributor

The title of this thread should have a warning: "Beware, descriptions of rotten disgusting food can (and will) make you puke." Woman Tongue

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Could the fish skin actually be gelatin?When I make broth the whole things gets jelly like when it is in the fridge.i like the freezing in large cube idea that was suggested.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea but people get foreign stuff in all the time.  Thankfully I never have.     I'd have taken pictures and sent it to the company and see what they had to say.   A picture is worth a 1000 words.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

If Ford says it was fish skin, why would anyone question that it was fish skin ? 

She impresses me as a bright, aware woman .......I think if it was mold she would know ........

I would call the 800 number .

Thank you Danky.  As I said my daughter looked at it too and she is nowhere near demented.  As I said, I threw it out, and the unopened one too.  I haven't thought about it since.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Another item you should transfer to a clear or glass bowl is tomato paste or crushed or diced tomatoes from a can. If left in the fridge in the can, the can can react with the acidity of the tomatoes and the air and cause the contents to become black. And I know what mold looks like.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

JustJazzmom wrote:

Another item you should transfer to a clear or glass bowl is tomato paste or crushed or diced tomatoes from a can. If left in the fridge in the can, the can can react with the acidity of the tomatoes and the air and cause the contents to become black. And I know what mold looks like.

most of the time i make my own, but if i do use the canned types i always put the leftovers right into smaller lock and locks and they go into the freezer for use at another time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein