Honored Contributor

I haven't received that in a long time. A friend of mine had it too. I usually don't answer those type of calls.

Respected Contributor

I get a couple per week; I never answer.

Honored Contributor

I don't answer any number I don't recognize. They never leave a message either.

I google the number and then I block it. It helps a lot.

Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2015 brii said:

I don't answer any number I don't recognize. They never leave a message either.

I google the number and then I block it. It helps a lot.

Unfortunately, in the case I'm referring to, no number is showing, so there is no way to block it. Caller ID only shows "private caller"….nothing else. But as you do, I just don't answer numbers I don't recognize.

Regular Contributor
On 4/7/2015 shoekitty said:
On 4/7/2015 inallsincerity said:

Please answer the calls that come from "the insurance service center on behalf of your bank". I worked for a call center that handled the insurance info for home and auto loans. Believe it or not, during the housing crisis, lack of insurance info helped contribute to the foreclosures. We would call to verify insurance, customers would send the info to the wrong address, refuse to talk to us, or hang up on us assuming we were telemarketers. We didn't have info, so we placed lender insurance on them. The insurance comes off the top of your payments without you even noticing. So, you pay your mortgage or your car loan, lender applies payment to insurance...again and again and again. Then, the notices come. We send out notices, that you are behind on mortgage payments. You send proof that you paid. The bank asks you to send us insurance info. The cycle begins again. By the time it is straightened out, it is such a mess that people went into foreclosure before it was corrected. They had to start new legislation because of it. The biggest lenders were fined because of it...and it still happens.

omg, I never knew that! Wow!

Yup. Always make sure that your insurance carrier has the correct lienholder clause or mortgagee clause. It isn't usually the bank address. The bank doesn't forward insurance information to the third party insurance tracking centers.

Respected Contributor

And remember, most physicians and hospitals use "private caller" from their offices to protect YOU, not them..

that way, nobody knows the doctor is calling you, but YOU...Why should anyone who can see the phone # incoming know your personal business.

In MY case, my work phone lights up at every phone station with the caller ID - Why would I want co workers to know what kind of medical treatment I am receiving?

Super Contributor

Sometimes I get an "unknown caller" call on my cellphone, and I figure if THEY don't know their number, why should I answer their call ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor
Most physicians use private caller to protect them. They want their cell or home number private when calling back patients.
Super Contributor

Just hit *67 before you dial your number, and your phone number will be blocked also. With some phone companies, you can permanently block your number. We don't have a landline, so my husband uses it often to block his number when making professional calls.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Trusted Contributor

I don't answer any call if I don't know the person calling. I figure if it's important, they can leave me a message.