Valued Contributor
That's what I thought it would be, her boys one on each side. When I first saw it I thought oh boy I'm sure Harry's wifey is going to say something negative because it looks like William on her right and no Harry.
Just my opinion 😉
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Princess Diana statue

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler  Thanks for the excellent explanation of the third child. Her charities met so much throughout Diana's lifetime and that passion has been passed down to both her son's. Kate and William are especially dedicated to helping less fortunate children; IDK about Harry and Meghan  any longer. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I like it.  People should understand that it is a statue, it's not a photograph.  It is meant to show us but more importantly people in future years what she represented.  What she cared about.  She cared about the welfare of children throughout the world, hence the girl and boy.  Her caring and kind hearted spirit, hence her hand on the shoulder of each of them.  Perhaps even her sense of style since she is shown in a very modern outfit.  

Honored Contributor

The children represent her charity work, but of course some people here always have to stir the pot. 

On a stone just below the statue, an inscription read: "These are the units to measure the worth Of this woman as a woman regardless of birth. Not what was her station? But had she a heart? How did she play her God-given part?"

E5OK_mxXIAY5528.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Pandalady Thanks for the post of the statue unveiling.  I must have dreamed it, but  I thought it was to depict her with "HER" children.  I did realize only the Spencers would be there but was disappointed in the depiction presented.

Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Diana statue

[ Edited ]
  1. I don't think the face looks that much like hers. 

I read that her sons like it though.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  Thank you for posting this view of the statue and what the inscription reads.Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor
Not stirring no pot!!
From the front you can't see the boy in the back.
She definitely was one of the best with her children's charity work.
Have a nice day greeneyedlady
Honored Contributor

I think that's exactly as Diana would have wanted it. Her with the children of the world which was so important to her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

The child on her left IS a girl. Why is that confusing?

it's confusing to me because i thought it was a statue of diana and her family....that's why it's confusing........