Respected Contributor

I thought this was a wonderful tribute to Princess Diana (her statue with her sons looking on) today on what would have been her 60th birthday.Heart

a group of people standing in front of a statue of a person: Princes William and Harry set aside their differences on Thursday to unveil a new statue of their mother, Princess Diana, on what would have been her 60th birthday. Dominic Lipinski/Pool/ AFP for Getty Images

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Diana statue

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting the photo. I have been curious as to what it looks like.

I can't tell for sure.....is there another part to the statue behind the little girl on the right? Looks like another pair of legs.

@Pandalady 

Esteemed Contributor

How lovely, such a tragic loss........it looks beautifully done.

Valued Contributor
It is beautiful just as she was. I am confused why the child on her left looks like a girl, anyone else notice? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Respected Contributor
I also thank you for posting the photo as had not seen it before. Do the children with her signify her involvement with children charities?
Honored Contributor

Whats the significance of the children?  I would've thought they'd do her with her own two boys. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The child on her left IS a girl. Why is that confusing?

Frequent Contributor

I think the children represent her charities and her love for all children.This was about Diana not she and her sons.   At least that's what I see.  Still a tragic loss.  

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Thanks for posting the photo. I have been curious as to what it looks like.

I can't tell for sure.....is there another part to the statue behind the little girl on the right? Looks like another pair of legs.

@Pandalady 

@World Traveler 

Yes, the description said that she is posing with 3 children (guess one is on the other side of the statue):

The statue was created to reflect Diana's "warmth, elegance and energy" and depicts her with children "who represent the universality and generational impact of the Princess' work," Kensington Palace said in an official statement.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Trusted Contributor

@KKJ  It's confusing because she did not have a daughter, she had two sons. Hence the confusion as to who the girl is.