Honored Contributor

Re: Prince William’s NYC trip

It was a business trip and he behaved like any Fortune 500 CFO.  Looked the part too.  You really can't compare William and Harry.  They are not equal in any way and never were.  Harry's a celebrity.  William is a statesman, a future king.  Charles and Camilla are on a state visit to France this week.  I've been following the coverage online. It ends today and was very successful.  Camilla looked beautiful.  I do think that Kate's decision to stay home was strategic.  Kate gets enormous media attention wherever she goes and she did not want to risk up staging the King and Queen this week.  She accompanied William to Boston last year for the same event and it was huge, like a state visit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prince William also went jogging in the park one morning with no pap chases.  Many reported his going jogging was something his mother would have done.  

The Princess of Wales this week went to a Naval Base and the next day to a Mental Health podcast for a charity.

They say Prince William as a 60% approval rating in the US.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

"Approval" of what?  

Honored Contributor

That we like or dislike him the same as any other person well known as approval or disapproval ratings.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t think of Harry as a celebrity. People know who he is. I don’t think he has done anything to reach celebrity status.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
I don’t think of Harry as a celebrity. People know who he is. I don’t think he has done anything to reach celebrity status.

Thats all a celebrity is really is just someone that a lot of people know who they are. They don't necessarily have to do anything worthwhile.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Thats all a celebrity is really is just someone that a lot of people know who they are. They don't necessarily have to do anything worthwhile.

I agree with you.  Just look at the Kardashians and all of the Housewives.  They have done nothing that is worthwhile to gain their celebrity.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I do not think of him as a celebrity either, but Royal.  Which is why I used in my post earlier the phrase "well known."  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like seeing what Prince William is doing. Too often, the focus of every trip is on Katherine's clothing (not her fault) and we never get to see the work they do and the charities they promote. It's refreshing to see William and learn about his visit. I'd like to see William and Katherine traveling and working without each other more often. I'm glad that Katherine seems on board with this idea. I'd like to learn more about her work too. King Charles has said he wanted more focus on the work the Royals are doing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_3197.jpegHe took the stage to speak at The Earthshot Prize Innovation Summit. This charity works to preserve the planet with clean air and water and preserve the earth's environments. This year's fifteen finalists were announced in New York. Prince William launched the Earthshot Prize in October 2020 to incentivize environmental change and help repair the planet over the next decade.IMG_3196.jpeg

He visited the fire houses near the area where 911 happened. He met with the fire persons and toured the place. He received some nifty souvenirs to bring back for his kids.