Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Mehgan expecting Baby #2

@Pearlee even better! I bought one of the Clevr chai lattes and frother from the new company Meghan backed financially. We shall see......
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@HaileyB wrote:
@SuziepeachHarry is a very, very wealthy man. He has his own money. His family is also extremely wealthy. The Sussexes sign a 100M deal with Netflix to create programming. They are paying their own bills as horrifying, money grubbing, disrespectful and inappropriate as that may be 😉

@HaileyB  You forgot their lucrative (by all reports) deal with Spotify.

And @Pearlee let us not forget that neither of those deals would have seen the light of day were there not a royal connection. As mere 'private' individuals neither Harry nor his wife would have incurred any interest... Undeniable...

Also noteworthy... Lovely of these companies to front the couple such extensive funds for their investments, given no one has yet seen them produce any meaningful product in exchange for their paychecks...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

I don't hate this couple, I wish them well.  Wonder who and how they pay for that massive home and where is their income coming from?  She wasn't a huge star when they met, it was Harry that put her name out there & then it was on.  

Hope they have a daughter. 

Meghan wasn't a huge star but according to Business Insider ~

"Before marrying Prince Harry, Markle was earning close to half a million dollars a year starring in the USA Network drama "Suits," plus a five-figure income from endorsement deals and sponsorships. Money.com reported in 2018 that her total net worth was estimated to be $5 million."

Prince Harry had an estimated net worth of between $25-40 million and it's not hard to figure out they can afford their current lifestyle quite nicely.

Add to that the huge multi-million dollar contracts with Netflix and Spotify. It's almost funny to think just a year or so ago we were reading here that no one would have even the slightest interest in signing on Harry & Meghan. Looks like a few spoke too soon! Smiley Wink

Of course we also read here that Eugenie & Jack's son's middle name would be Stamp. So much for speculation, lol. Smiley Very Happy

A daughter would be a lovely addition to the family as would a son. My daughter brings me joy every day of my life. Heart

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

It might be easier if they would just come out and say "It's about the money" rather than trying to disguise it with high moral values and some air of service. 

It's like that old thing about the emperor and his new clothing. . . 

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations !! 

Contributor

@Sooner interesting opinion. Is it just the Sussexes who should not be paid for work? Or are there other Royals you believe should not have income streams?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@HaileyB wrote:
@SuziepeachHarry is a very, very wealthy man. He has his own money. His family is also extremely wealthy. The Sussexes sign a 100M deal with Netflix to create programming. They are paying their own bills as horrifying, money grubbing, disrespectful and inappropriate as that may be 😉

@Pearlee I've never referred to them as anything other than a couple, I was curious as to the monies coming in.  That's a whole lot of house for a whole lots o'money but best to them in any way.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@HaileyB wrote:

And @Pearlee let us not forget that neither of those deals would have seen the light of day were there not a royal connection. As mere 'private' individuals neither Harry nor his wife would have incurred any interest... Undeniable...

Also noteworthy... Lovely of these companies to front the couple such extensive funds for their investments, given no one has yet seen them produce any meaningful product in exchange for their paychecks...

@stevieb  They have aired one podcast for Spotify. 😄

May I suggest you read the Daily Mail UK every day? Though some here deem it a rag, I have found their reporting to be accurate and it is ever-so-interesting! 

@HaileyB. I have no idea what you mean by "clenching" so your probable diss to me is completely meaningless. 😆

No big loss though.

So you are new here? 

Esteemed Contributor

If I had that wealth I would do the same @Cakers3  " To whom much is given, much will be required."  They are doing exactly what they should be doing with all of that privilege.