Respected Contributor

Greenville, SC Zoo Mama Giraffe Autumn has new baby!

[ Edited ]

She just gave birth to another baby within the last half hour or so, little one still trying to get up. If you go to the youtube link you can scroll back to see the birth and stand for the first time, its still trying to figure that one out!!

It looks like Autumn has kept the viewers on baby watch since the 3rd week of Dec. haha, I just happened to see the link just as she was pushing him/her out by complete happy accident, I was looking for something else!!  Enjoy the cuteness.   Smiley Happy

www.youtube.com/watch?v+9im50H35mco

here is a link from the Greenville zoo itself. here you can click on 3 different cams in the giraffe area.

www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/greenville/?=giraffe_int

Respected Contributor

Re: Greenville, SC Zoo Mama Giraffe Autumn has new baby!

Sorry about the bum links, they are fixed now.

Honored Contributor

I watched the birth- amazing and what a cutie patootie!!  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@SeaGal ,

Thank youSmiley Happy

that is beautiful to watch.

Autumn seems like such a good and loving mom, very attentive and gentle.

I always think giraffes look like such a great artists creation! Well that and so many animals, birds with so many amazing colors and patterns and expressions.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

Autumn is a true gentle giant isnt she, this is the 3rd live birth I have seen with her, I saw this one purely by happy accident, she is a wonderful mom.   Smiley Happy

It didnt take baby long to find the milkbar!

edited

Honored Contributor

As an animal advocate I am happy to hear about the birth of this giraffe!  The way wildlife is being slaughtered by poachers and trophy hunters, we need to hear positive stories and this is one !!!!!! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Had to laugh.  Good for her to keep everyone wondering.  I had little one like that, no one could figure the due date 🐣

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@SeaGal ,

Thank youSmiley Happy

that is beautiful to watch.

Autumn seems like such a good and loving mom, very attentive and gentle.

I always think giraffes look like such a great artists creation! Well that and so many animals, birds with so many amazing colors and patterns and expressions.

@on the bay 

They are great artistic inventions, by the greatest artist of them all. 

Honored Contributor

My famiy was so fortunate to see these magnificent creatures, along with so many others, last year in Tanzania. And when I say "see," I mean like just a few feet away. Heck, elephants almost top of us.

It was unforgettable.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland