Honored Contributor

@dulwich- Thank you.  I'll check those things out.  You're correct that I don't spend much of my life keeping tabs on the Royal Family.  However, LOL, I lived in England for 20 years.  My DH is British, as are many of my friends and family.   We paid (and still pay) our share of British taxes, so we have some interest in the goings on there.

However, none of this makes him a pedophile (which is what this latest accusation is about).

As for making a profit on his house?  Well, that happens everywhere and not just to famous people.  Bidding wars occur on homes across this country and prices go for well over the asking price.  I'm sure there was a certain cachet to buying Prince Andrew's home, but without knowing the specific facts of the sale, I'd hardly blame him for getting what he could.  We would all do the same.

(And, yes, I'm well aware of Sarah's exploits.  She was very entertaining!  The tabloids loved her.)

Esteemed Contributor

Why on earth would anyone have such a continued relationship with a man notorious for procuring little girls for sex?  I can think of only one reason.  I don’t believe for a minute Andrew didn’t know what was going on.  His interview was a disaster.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia   I get your point re question of him being a pedophile or not.

I just think his past history of bad judgments, when acting in official capacity,  shows he gets into very questionable situations without too much thought e,g, this could well be the case with Epstein - who knows.

I do not think we will ever really know and  the Queen will gradually bring him back to the fore again - having him accompany her to church, etc., to show all is going to be better - as this is her son.  We also have his  daughter’s wedding coming up.  I think Harry has taken the spotlight at the moment - who knows how all this will end.

Respected Contributor

Typical bias, believe the man and vilify the numerous women. Especially bad when it is women who would rather believe the powerful man. JMHO.

Honored Contributor
Just a point of note to clarify

A pedophile by definition is attraction to prepubescent children, typically 13 or younger. Obviously any minor is wrong but the psychological profile is very different for a true pedophile. I think (?) with Epstein they were all teens?
Honored Contributor
Typical playing the female card again. I don't buy it.
@chessylady
Trusted Contributor
I think Andrew's spectacular fall-from-grace was a combination of his continuing relationship with Epstein AS WELL AS his tone-deaf BBC TV interview in which he came off as an upper-crust aristocrat with absolutely no empathy or concern for Epstein's victims. Plus, he had very strange excuses and theories, like his inability to sweat. Hugely embarrassing for the Queen, plus he is a lesser royal who will never be King.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
I think Andrew's spectacular fall-from-grace was a combination of his continuing relationship with Epstein AS WELL AS his tone-deaf BBC TV interview in which he came off as an upper-crust aristocrat with absolutely no empathy or concern for Epstein's victims. Plus, he had very strange excuses and theories, like his inability to sweat. Hugely embarrassing for the Queen, plus he is a lesser royal who will never be King.

Yes, the "I was too honorable" comment would be LOL funny if it were not such a serious issue.

Honored Contributor
Andrew and Philip and both sorry excuses for men. I question a Queen that defends the behavior of either one. Charles has made his own mistakes for sure. At least unlike his father, I haven’t heard of him making a lifetime of racist and sexist remarks. Then of course there is the whole Germany issue that just gets swept under the rug. Meghan and Harry’s antics are nothing in comparison.
Valued Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Just a point of note to clarify

A pedophile by definition is attraction to prepubescent children, typically 13 or younger. Obviously any minor is wrong but the psychological profile is very different for a true pedophile. I think (?) with Epstein they were all teens?

---

There are many articles that have stated Epstein trafficked girls as young as 11 years old.

Whether these allegations are true or not, they were not part of the charges brought against him in 2006.