Honored Contributor

What's known so far is that Prince Andrew knew Epstein and seemed to be a friend of his. How close a friend is conjecture. There are photographs of him with an under aged woman; the ones I've seen are posed but there may be others. None have been reported to be illicit, illegal, or compromising. She claims a sxual relationship which he denies, she said/he said. He also claims not to have known her age.

It's expected that he would deny any intimate involvement with her, that he knew she was under age, and that his friendship with Epstein was a close one. He may be truthful or it may be a lie. However, that he's telling the truth has to be assumed while a lie has to be proved.

Those investigating likely have evidence they aren't releasing but clearly not enough to charge him.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone really believe he will be charged?

Honored Contributor

I read that Epstein was using Prince Andrew to impress the girls - promising them they would get to get their pictures with him and get to meet him. IDK what is really true, but I just can't believe that Andrew would be so stupid to get mixed up in something more. He has an "interesting" relationship with Sarah, and I don't think he would do anything to damage his relationship with his daughters. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I read that Epstein was using Prince Andrew to impress the girls - promising them they would get to get their pictures with him and get to meet him. IDK what is really true, but I just can't believe that Andrew would be so stupid to get mixed up in something more. He has an "interesting" relationship with Sarah, and I don't think he would do anything to damage his relationship with his daughters. 

@beach-mom   I usually agree with your posts, but not with this one.  Perhaps because I remember him when he was known as "Randy Andy" and I also believed the women in the recent special I watched about him on I forgot which TV station.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone really believe that Prince Andrew needed Epstein to procure underage girls for him?  Other than this, he never was known for a history of preferring young girls.

Is it possible that he may have taken a photo (clearly with others around) with it being nothing more than obliging someone who wanted a photo?

If anything did happen, is it possible she lied about her age?  I knew someone who was 14, but told everyone she was 19.  And she looked it; makeup, clothes, the whole bit.  I told one guy I knew that she was jailbait and he was stunned.

Sorry, I don't believe a word of this particular woman's story in this regard.  She also tried to implicate a number of other high-profile men, but has dropped those accusations and instead seems to have focused on Andrew.  I wonder why?

They have shown that one of the occasions, when she claimed to have been with him, that he was on vacation with his two daughters in a different country.  So...she got that wrong, but everything else is the truth?

Did he exhibit bad judgment in befriending Epstein?  In hindsight, very likely.  But that doesn't make him guilty of these accusations and I'm not assuming anything else.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

Why give him the benefit of the doubt but not Markle? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Andrew

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee- Yes, he loved to party in his younger days, but it was always with age-appropriate women.  Unless you know more about it?  Did the show you watched mention anything else?

(ETA:  And you just have to love the British tabloids and their nicknames.  "Randy Andy", "The Duchess of Pork" to name a couple.)

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg  That depends on them getting others involved to testify which won't be easy since those with information will incriminate themselves if they do.

If they give them immunity or a reduced sentence, it calls in to question their truthfulness since they have lots to gain by lying.

The woman/women also have something to gain, money from a lawsuit.

The longer it goes on without him being charged the less likely he will be.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Why give him the benefit of the doubt but not Markle? 

Very good question

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee and @Venezia - I haven't seen any of the specials about him. If I had, maybe I'd feel different about the situation. Of course I don't know what went on. I STILL don't think he'd be that stupid!

Here's where I'm coming from. Way back in the "My Space" days, my friends'son was lured by a 13 year old saying she was 19. I saw the picture she sent him. She was half dressed, turned sideways looking over her shoulder. She looked a lot older that 13. He was 22 at the time. I had been around him a lot. Nice boy, great family, VERY good looking, good job. Anyway they chatted, after a few weeks found out they had a lot in common (or so she told him), and agreed to meet. Before they met, her brother found out, told his parents, and contacted my friend's son saying she was only 13 and to "leave my sister alone." My friend's son apologized and backed away. But she contacted him again, complimenting him, and telling him she loved him, and it was OK, they were "only" 9 years apart, blah blah, blah. By this time he had feelings for her too (again thinking she was 19). But he still broke off contact, telling her he couldn't believe she lied to him about her age. A few days later she contacted him asking him to meet her at the local mall to say goodbye (they had never met in person). He said OK (which was REALLY stupid of him). You probably know what's coming - the last time she contacted him, it wasn't "her," and the police were waiting for him. He went to jail. He wasn't there long, but his employer told him not to come back. A lot of us wrote character statements about him for the trial. Her mother went to the local news, who of course did a major story about it, so my friends didn't think he had much of a chance. In the end, the judge found him not guilty and his record was cleared. He now has a job he likes even better than the first, and is engaged. But what my friends went through, all because some girl lied to him - there is so much more that impacted his whole family. As their friend, I was angry that something like this could destroy someone. 

And this isn't the only experience I have with this. Another male friend of mine was falsely accused. It took 3 years for him to clear his name.