Honored Contributor
Interesting. The report I read said youngest was 14. Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prince Andrew

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@Venezia   I get your point re question of him being a pedophile or not.

I just think his past history of bad judgments, when acting in official capacity,  shows he gets into very questionable situations without too much thought e,g, this could well be the case with Epstein - who knows.

I do not think we will ever really know and  the Queen will gradually bring him back to the fore again - having him accompany her to church, etc., to show all is going to be better - as this is her son.  We also have his  daughter’s wedding coming up.  I think Harry has taken the spotlight at the moment - who knows how all this will end.

While it's a good idea for Andrew to go to church, I'm turned off of the photos of the Queen and Andrew laughing in the car on the way to and from.  To me, I guess it comes across more as publicity stunt than his seeking repetance and living a moral life.  Time will tell.  

I'm so glad I'm not a UK taxpayer.   I wouldn't be happy contributing part of my earnings to support this family.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Interesting. The report I read said youngest was 14. Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there.

I think it's a good point to clarify @bikerbabe.  

As for Andrew, has anyone connected him to girls younger than 17?  I haven't seen anything about that.  

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Typical bias, believe the man and vilify the numerous women. Especially bad when it is women who would rather believe the powerful man. JMHO.

@chessylady But to replace male gender bias with female gender bias is only another step backward, not moving forward.

It is like replacing racism with color only.  Bias is bias, be it gender, race, religion or whatever.  We are only replacing one wrong for another is we don't take each person for who they are.

Don't believe someone just because they are a woman.  It's the same thing. 

Respected Contributor

I usually believe the woman because it is hard to admit you have been raped or assaulted. The woman pays a price for that, witness the Kavanaugh hearings. All Andrew lost was his place at a royal court, his reputation was already bad. I was nearly raped in my early twenties and didn't tell anyone for years. So that is why I usually believe the woman and stand in solidarity #MeToo

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I usually believe the woman because it is hard to admit you have been raped or assaulted. The woman pays a price for that, witness the Kavanaugh hearings. All Andrew lost was his place at a royal court, his reputation was already bad. I was nearly raped in my early twenties and didn't tell anyone for years. So that is why I usually believe the woman and stand in solidarity #MeToo

Agree!

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Why on earth would anyone have such a continued relationship with a man notorious for procuring little girls for sex?  I can think of only one reason.  I don’t believe for a minute Andrew didn’t know what was going on.  His interview was a disaster.

@PamfromCT, could be they just don't care, or it could be they share the same tastes. In any case, I'll say no more about a person would continue a friendship with such a man. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Why on earth would anyone have such a continued relationship with a man notorious for procuring little girls for sex?  I can think of only one reason.  I don’t believe for a minute Andrew didn’t know what was going on.  His interview was a disaster.

@PamfromCT, could be they just don't care, or it could be they share the same tastes. In any case, I'll say no more about a person would continue a friendship with such a man. :-)

@suzyQ3   Me neither. As there are others.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Andrew

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@suzyQ3   Me neither. As there are others.

@proudlyfromNJ, actually I had meant to underline the first sentence. I'll edit it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote: