Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

Prices are going up on everything!  Ran into a Neighborhood Wal-Mart (mostly food items) as opposed to a Super Wal-Mart today......just used a small hand basket, not a shopping cart.....spent $64......don't know what I bought cause I couldn't tell ya.... I'm still trying to figure it out......🤔

Then I went to Publix for some more groceries..... Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil was in the double digits for a roll.  I opted for the store brand and got the smallest size.....going to be expensive for the people that make tin foil hats.....🤖

@SloopJohnB   LOL  I needed a laugh today.  Thank you.

*checks tin foil hat supply*

@Cakers3    🤖💕

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Grand Happy wrote:
Have you bought Bacon ? It's doubled in price. Not shocked we were warned 😔

I just checked and bacon is the same price here in South Texas..............

Not here in MI....I almost fell out in Kroger today....8.99 for a small package of bacon!  Used to be 3.99....and ground beef now is over $6 a pound.  The prices are high in my area.

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

Prices are going up on everything!  Ran into a Neighborhood Wal-Mart (mostly food items) as opposed to a Super Wal-Mart today......just used a small hand basket, not a shopping cart.....spent $64......don't know what I bought cause I couldn't tell ya.... I'm still trying to figure it out......🤔

Then I went to Publix for some more groceries..... Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil was in the double digits for a roll.  I opted for the store brand and got the smallest size.....going to be expensive for the people that make tin foil hats.....🤖

@SloopJohnB   LOL  I needed a laugh today.  Thank you.

*checks tin foil hat supply*

@Cakers3    🤖💕

@SloopJohnB   I do not see an image-just two squares.  

Am I a square?  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3   Lol, no not at all.  It must come out that way depending on what device we are using.  Sometimes I post from my tablet, desktop, phone, or from work.  The things I posted were a heart and like a little robot type alien face....

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

You are right;  the prices going up so much are not due to the pandemic. I have also noticed some brands of to are now thinner and poorer quality. You really are getting less for more. Aggravating. WM has really gone up on so many things by selling smaller amounts in the pkg, even when the package pretty much looks the same size. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Grand Happy wrote:
Have you bought Bacon ? It's doubled in price. Not shocked we were warned 😔

I just checked and bacon is the same price here in South Texas..............

Not here in MI....I almost fell out in Kroger today....8.99 for a small package of bacon!  Used to be 3.99....and ground beef now is over $6 a pound.  The prices are high in my area.

Ground beef has been high for a while.  What always gets me is chuck roast (used to be a very inexpensive cut of meat) is at $6 a pound.  Seriously.

Respected Contributor

As Three Dog Night sang, .......🎵 prices are risin', the devil's to pay 🎵 ......

Actually if you know the song, The Family of Man, all the lyrics seem apropos, unfortunately.  😪

Respected Contributor

Fortune

August 17,2021

The owner of Burger King and Popeyes expects U.S. beef costs to climb this quarter as labor shortages across the country make it tough to staff meatpacking plants, according to an internal document.

Restaurant Brands International Inc., which owns the Tim Hortons chain as well, also sees higher costs for key ingredients including pork that it uses for sausage and bacon, the company said in a July report that was viewed by Bloomberg News. According to the document, stimulus checks in the U.S. are reducing incentives for meatpacking workers to show up.

Labor shortages are adding to the challenges for the meat supply chain already grappling with higher feed costs for cattle and hogs, as well as swelling demand for meat from grocery stores and reopened restaurants.

Burger King, which has more than 18,000 locations globally, uses beef for its Whopper hamburger patties, while Popeyes uses tallow to fry some of its items. Tim Hortons sells pork bacon and sausage.

“Commodity price inflation continues to be a hot topic, particularly for proteins,” the company said in the report. “Labor shortages in meatpacker facilities and food-service locations in the U.S. add to the upward pressure in prices.”

The company said in an emailed statement that it has a long-term approach to managing and smoothing out commodity fluctuations. “We have a number of strategies to mitigate cost increases and as a practice, we don’t talk about those for competitive reasons.”

New Contributor

Hello I have asked QVC same question the items that are not selling why rasie the price?  Even items on clerance price goes up? They have not answered only when called customer service told me " really good point hope they listen" I have not seen this at HSN or Macy's or Amazon if it is on sell great they do not raise the price after sell or clerance like QVC does? I shop much less at QVC their price is too high & it is not the same as it usued to be?  Thank you