Respected Contributor

?????  This happens DAILY and is nothing new! Amazon fluctuates prices on everything on a regular basis. 

Trusted Contributor

At the stores where I shop, the only thing that is fluctuating wildly is eggs. 99 cents for a dozen large two weeks ago, $1.79 last week, $2.09 this week. No end in sight.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Prices going up

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

I'm very surprised by the cost of paper products. I buy Wegman's brand of PT and TP. The TP went up $4.00 a pack, the PT went up $4.00 a pack and paper plates went up $4.00 a pack( all family size packs). I use Husky 42 gal. contractor bags to line cat's litter boxes and they went up by $3.00 for a 50 count box. I'm sure prices won't go back down, either.  I think the pandemic is being used as an excuse to rip us all off.

Since we are no longer gas independent, fuel prices have gone up....thus the price increase of all the products we use. Those increases in transportation costs are passed on to the consumer - you and me. So, no, it is NOT due to the pandemic.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Prices on just about everything at the grocery stores has gone up and if the price itself hasn't gone up, the package size has decreased. I guess they figure they can trick the consumer that way.

The price of lumber went stupid high and I suspect that will come back down, if it hasn't already.   

Honored Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
Have you bought Bacon ? It's doubled in price. Not shocked we were warned 😔

I just checked and bacon is the same price here in South Texas..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Warren Buffet said it best at his shareholders meeting earlier this year...."as long as people are willing to pay these inflated prices there is no incentive for retailers to cut them".

Well, Mr. Buffet. Sometimes we need certain items/products and we don't have a choice. Doesn't mean we're willing to pay inflated prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Gas is high.  Almost $5 a gal.   The closest station to me used to have better prices, now they are high.  I’ll have to find a cheaper station.

New Contributor
Did anyone notice that the clothing is hardly ever under $50?
Respected Contributor

Prices are going up on everything!  Ran into a Neighborhood Wal-Mart (mostly food items) as opposed to a Super Wal-Mart today......just used a small hand basket, not a shopping cart.....spent $64......don't know what I bought cause I couldn't tell ya.... I'm still trying to figure it out......🤔

Then I went to Publix for some more groceries..... Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil was in the double digits for a roll.  I opted for the store brand and got the smallest size.....going to be expensive for the people that make tin foil hats.....🤖

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

Prices are going up on everything!  Ran into a Neighborhood Wal-Mart (mostly food items) as opposed to a Super Wal-Mart today......just used a small hand basket, not a shopping cart.....spent $64......don't know what I bought cause I couldn't tell ya.... I'm still trying to figure it out......🤔

Then I went to Publix for some more groceries..... Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil was in the double digits for a roll.  I opted for the store brand and got the smallest size.....going to be expensive for the people that make tin foil hats.....🤖

@SloopJohnB   LOL  I needed a laugh today.  Thank you.

*checks tin foil hat supply*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh