Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

President Carter is doing well

There's no evidence of his cancer spreading !

Wishing him the absolute best.

Honored Contributor

Re: President Carter is doing well

I wish him nothing but the best . He and his wife have done so much good in the world.

They are an inspiration.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Lila Belle,

I read this earlier today and had posted an NBC story on moonchilde's thread.  His therapy is working and that's great news.  Smiley Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Oh I 'm sorry I didn't see your post !

This good news can't be shared enough huh ? : )

Esteemed Contributor

no, no,..don't apologize!  I was just sharing and agreeing with your post. Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

It is so sad about his cancer.  He has lived a long life and it is so unfair that near the end he has to deal  with that.  He and Mrs. Carter have lived a long fruitful life, they are very good people and I wish them nothing but the best in their remaining years.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I admire President Carter for the good and kind heart he has and pray that his cancer remisses.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

President Carter is a good man... His attributes are clearly seen. He lives as a humble man who has a moral compass to make the world a much better place.

Sending him positive thoughts to continue to feel well and keeping the progression of his cancer at bay.

Honored Contributor

Have to tell you all.....even though I'm not a former President, I too have been battling the same kind of cancer he is now battling.......   Believe me, it is no picnic.  The first 4 treatments I had were the same that President Carter has been having   And now I am on a chemo treatment called OPDIVO......there have been many commercials on TV about this.  I get my treatments every 2 weeks.  I don't know if he will be having this same kind of treatment or not......but had to take the Yervoy first before I could get this one I am on.    Didn't have near the side affects with the first 4 treatments as I have had with the one I am on now.

About 3 weeks ago I had another PETscan and the results were good.  There is no activity going on with my 3 places I have the cancer, and they are all decreasing in size.  For that I thank God.......  And hopefully I will be able to go into remission.   

He does have a few years on me......but let me tell you, age does not mean anything when you have cancer and are getting treatments.  It is hard to go through. 

Believe me, I am happy for him that he is doing so well. 

Honored Contributor

I think President Carter is universally admired.  He is one of those people that has crossed political barriers with his humanity.  He has proven, by his actions, who he really is.  A patient, kind, caring person with strong morals and a deep faith that radiates from him.  He doesn't preach, he DOES.  He is someone who in his determined, humble ways has changed the world in many small ways.  I really care for him and his wife.