Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

If there was a non believers thread,that they could post,i would have no interest in reading, so just because we do,.we.should not be stopped at having a prayers thread on Among Friends, just because we do.

Let's be clear.

No one on this thread objected to a prayer thread in AF.  The almost unanimous agreement was that it not be in CC.

Let's not look for conflict where there is none, OK?

It's kinda like kicking a puppy, in this instance. I'm trying to restrain myself, but... Not much logic.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

If there was a non believers thread,that they could post,i would have no interest in reading, so just because we do,.we.should not be stopped at having a prayers thread on Among Friends, just because we do.

So, just because someone wants to be able to post on a certain topic, no matter what it is, they should be able to? That might get interesting.

Or are we only speaking of religion here? I want my religious thread(s) (even though they are against Standards) and I should have what I want, but that only applies to me and this topic, not everyone's wishes about whatever topics?

What is permitted or tolerated (or not) and where, is up to the Moderators, *especially* something mentioned in QVC's rules and standards.

@Moonchilde

Smiley MSN Emoticon applause 004.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Since that request would involve a change in the Community Standards (which says religion, politics, controversial, etc. are not allowed), the Mods may not be able to make that decision.

That may require a higher authority at QVC.

But if religion is alllowed, next up would be requests to allow politics & controversial topics, in the name of 'being fair'.

If it's being allowed in Among Friends, why rock the boat?

Like maybe a request for the non-believers here.  Now, that would go over well:/

@tansy

Wanting a message board to be religion-neutral certainly doesn't make someone a "non-believer".   I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

@Tinkrbl44 -- I don't why it would be difficult to understand what I said either:/

@tansy    @Moonchilde

I understood exactly what you meant.  

I think the problem with this was explained even further in post #47.   You believe one thing, and others believe something else.   People whose beliefs differ from yours aren't "non-believers".   

Wherein lies one of the major disconnects in ALL religious posts, and causes 90% of the issues.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I am speaking for myself here.  I can understand why a prayer thread would be more appropriate in Among Friends than here.  I certainly have learned a lot from actively considering many opinions.  I respect everyone's opinion.  However, I hope those who "smell another agenda" will reconsider these comments.  I have no hidden agenda.  I simply believe in the power of prayer.  I personally have never seen this carried away, but I also believe those who have seen it.  I also think it is important for our moderators to be consistent.  If prayers cannot be offered for a seriously ill person (ShowMe), how is it that prayers can be offered here for pets?  I have no problem with that, as an animal lover myself, but it does seem inconsistent.  Again, I will repeat, I have no hidden agenda.  

QVC Customer Care

@gloriajean

I will certainly pass your request to our senior management group for review. 

Beth QVC