Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Since we all already know that discussion of politics AND religion is verboten here, I don't get the confusion.

However, if somebody insists on bucking the rules, this seems to go over on the 'Among Friends' forum, as several people have mentioned.  I also don't understand the confusion there either.   That has been the status quo here for quite a while now.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but those are the facts as pertain to this board.  There are lots and lots of religious boards around the internet, and maybe there is something that would be perfect for the religious needs of everybody.  Smiley Happy

But people of other religions could offer up their prayers.

And what happens when, since you can't control what people will post, there is sermonizing and proselytizing, etc., and people offering religion-based opinions on all sorts of things, and the actual content of the thread goes way beyond prayers for someone in distress? There's no way that will not happen.

Wanting such a thread in Community Chat, "so more people will see it" seems a bit disingenuous to me. Anyone who has been on this forum more than a month knows how topics and posting flow on CC, and that what religious threads QVC allows are mostly accepted unmolested in Among Friends. Now people want to push it. There will be pushing back. To what end? To me, if the genuine wish is simply to have a prayer thread, those who want one should be *relieved* to have it *wherever it will be most likely to be left alone.* Any other push might indicate other agendas.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Prayer Request Thread

[ Edited ]

@mstyrion 1,  yes, yes I can... Smiley Happy 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Since that request would involve a change in the Community Standards (which says religion, politics, controversial, etc. are not allowed), the Mods may not be able to make that decision.

That may require a higher authority at QVC.

But if religion is alllowed, next up would be requests to allow politics & controversial topics, in the name of 'being fair'.

If it's being allowed in Among Friends, why rock the boat?

Like maybe a request for the non-believers here.  Now, that would go over well:/

@tansy

Wanting a message board to be religion-neutral certainly doesn't make someone a "non-believer".   I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Since we all already know that discussion of politics AND religion is verboten here, I don't get the confusion.

However, if somebody insists on bucking the rules, this seems to go over on the 'Among Friends' forum, as several people have mentioned.  I also don't understand the confusion there either.   That has been the status quo here for quite a while now.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but those are the facts as pertain to this board.  There are lots and lots of religious boards around the internet, and maybe there is something that would be perfect for the religious needs of everybody.  Smiley Happy

But people of other religions could offer up their prayers.

And what happens when, since you can't control what people will post, there is sermonizing and proselytizing, etc., and people offering religion-based opinions on all sorts of things, and the actual content of the thread goes way beyond prayers for someone in distress? There's no way that will not happen.

Wanting such a thread in Community Chat, "so more people will see it" seems a bit disingenuous to me. Anyone who has been on this forum more than a month knows how topics and posting flow on CC, and that what religious threads QVC allows are mostly accepted unmolested in Among Friends. Now people want to push it. There will be pushing back. To what end? To me, if the genuine wish is simply to have a prayer thread, those who want one should be *relieved* to have it *wherever it will be most likely to be left alone.* Any other push might indicate other agendas.

ITA.

Piggybacking on your post, @Moonchilde;  "other" religions have never fared well on previous religious threads. I've seen posters called names and fire and brimstone exhortations that a non believer won't be "saved" and everything in between.  

I also smell a bit of an agenda with this suggestion that a religious thread come back to CC.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

Re: Prayer Request Thread

[ Edited ]

Agree that it definitely belongs in AF.

Also, it is possible to have a "Prayer Request" thread without it referring to any specific religion since praying occurs within all religions and even in the absence of religion when a person believes in a divine spirit.

Honored Contributor

Among friends would be fine.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Since that request would involve a change in the Community Standards (which says religion, politics, controversial, etc. are not allowed), the Mods may not be able to make that decision.

But if religion is alllowed, next up would be requests to allow politics & controversial topics, in the name of 'being fair'.

Like maybe a request for the non-believers here.  Now, that would go over well:/

@tansy

Wanting a message board to be religion-neutral certainly doesn't make someone a "non-believer".   I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

Not to mention that there are all kinds of 'non-believers' - those who don't believe at all, and those who do but wish to choose their own exposure. Those who simply don't believe denomination-specific idealogies but are not 'non-believers' at all, except to those denomination-specific followers. Hmmmm.....

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Agree that it definitely belongs in AF.

Also, it is possible to have a "Prayer Request" thread without it referring to any specific religion since praying occurs within all religions and even in the absence of religion when a person believes in a divine spirit.

It's absolutely possible, but it will never happen here.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tansy

Not to mention that there are all kinds of 'non-believers' - those who don't believe at all, and those who do but wish to choose their own exposure. Those who simply don't believe denomination-specific idealogies but are not 'non-believers' at all, except to those denomination-specific followers. Hmmmm.....

If you don't believe, why read it?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think it would be nice,there is alot worse than praying.

@goldensrbest  You are so right about that! @gloriajean  I hope you get one started in Among Friends!  Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!