Esteemed Contributor

Smoky,  it doesn't matter where, I'm just wondering what the mods want. That's all.

It won't happen at all if they say 'no'. 

More people visit this forum than Among Friends.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find it curious that QVC sells religious items on air, that religious topics are allowed on air. In addition to that, after this latest terrorism event, two hosts stood together to say that thoughts and prayers were being said for all affected.  That said, any topic related to religion becomes a volatile issue here.  I don't get it. 

When Pope Francis came to this country, on a mission of peace and tolerance, there certainly was some intolerance here.  Even though his visit was relatively short, the intolerance of a few was appeased, and any news relating to his visit was summarily moved to the Among Friends category.  I certainly understand that some do not believe in a higher power.  I get it.  I certainly understand that some are very offended by the mention of anything considered "Catholic."  But I would like an explanation of why prayer and religious objects (yes, angels are religious) are sold and discussed on air, but here any such concept becomes a major problem.  If a topic (like GloriaJean) offends someone, they have the option of skipping it.  A prayer request option here?  Be prepared for criticism.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

Smoky,  it doesn't matter where, I'm just wondering what the mods want. That's all.

Just wondering what that has to do with it?

People looking for a prayer thread can just as easily find it in 'Among Friends", IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

You can always e-mail the mods and ask them what they think, Gloriajean.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

@gloriajean

Sorry, but no, a prayer request thread just doesn't belong in CC ... it should be in AF.      

I still find it strange that QVC is pretty rigid about not discussing politics and religion, yet they allow religious discussion in AF.     Nevertheless, that seems to be the place, IF it's allowed at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

What is the mods email?  I don't have it.  I thought they would come here but guess they are busy elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayer Request Thread

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean wrote:

@gloriajean, I understand exactly where you're coming from.

As you well know the Mr. Lucky thread is extremely important to so, so many for our Showme.  It was within the thread that other's requested prayers- either someone complained or a moderator felt it necessary to delete the requests and the responses so that was that.  Within the thread, not bothering anyone else but between people that have the same values and beliefs.  It honestly bothered me but yet, I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself.

PS I visit Among Friends quite a bit.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@gloriajean wrote:

@gloriajean, I understand exactly where you're coming from.

As you well know the Mr. Lucky thread is extremely important to so, so many for our Showme.  It was within the thread that other's requested prayers- either someone complained or a moderator felt it necessary to delete the requests and the resonses so that was that.  Within the thread, not bothering anyone else but between people that have the same values and beliefs.  It honestly bothered me but yet, I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself.

PS I visit Among Friends quite a bit.  

@Suziepeach     @gloriajean

With all due respect, it isn't about someone's "values and beliefs" .... it's about the message board rules and regulations that everyone agreed to when they signed up ... remember when you agreed to this?  

Their board .....   their rules.      

BTW .... there are plenty of message boards out there where people can discuss religion ... maybe some should frequent those boards.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, thank you.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

What is the mods email?  I don't have it.  I thought they would come here but guess they are busy elsewhere.  

QVCCommunity@qvc.com

~H~