QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I have not seen that woman on TV, she well could be "unsophisticated " like someone here said. So what? She got lucky and we did not!!!!

But I read that she lost her husband 9 months ago, he was a disabled fireman and was crushed to death by a truck while sitting on the bus stop.

Now its gonna be a long line of suitors.....

@SANNA

I read the same article.  It did not mention it was her EX husband as Sea Breeze has pointed out to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Powerball Winner

[ Edited ]

Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina allow winners to remain anonymous. Arizona lawmakers overwhelmingly approved a bill last year that shields lottery winners' identities for 90 days after they claim their prizes.

A growing number of other states, including Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont, will award prizes to a trust and allow a trustee — usually an attorney — to collect without disclosing the name of the ticket holder.

From lotterypost dot com

In the states you are required to reveal your identity wear a wig, glasses, gloves etc.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/when-know-name-who-won-700-759-million-powerball-winner-massachusetts/

The winner could have set up a trust in her state.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

You are right about the gum -- she looked like a cow chewing the cud.  You would think the lottery people would  have given her a once over before she got on camera.

Well, now we know she'll be able to afford all the gum she wants!!  

@nana59@Peoplearenuts  I'm sure all involved had more on their minds than a silly piece of gum.

How polished would either of you be?  Sheesh.

I would have been polished enough to spit out my gum............

Honored Contributor

After meeting with lawyers, and getting financial help, i would be gone, leave go some where.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

You are right about the gum -- she looked like a cow chewing the cud.  You would think the lottery people would  have given her a once over before she got on camera.

@nana59@Peoplearenuts  I'm sure all involved had more on their minds than a silly piece of gum.

Are we JEALOUS?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

With winning that amount of money, being kidnapped comes to mind....you would need body guards for everyone  in your family including your children 24 hours a day for the rest of your life.  Having THAT hanging over your head for the rest of your life??  NO THANK YOU 👎👎👎😶

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Peoplearenuts wrote:

Are we JEALOUS?

I'm not jealous of anyone.  I enjoy quite a comfortable financial life.......with grown children and wonderful grandchildren........who would have told me to spit out my gum....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That was her x husband that was killed at bus stop,how odd he gets killed ,she wins the lottery.I can't wait to see her all dolled up,nice clothes  i hope she has fun.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Everybody thinks it would be so great to win big like that but it would change your life forever - and not really in a good way!  So many have said they are now unhappy after a big win and have lost their privacy.  I say no thanks - not for me.  I am happy with my life as it is!  Maybe  a win of about 50,000 would be nice but there would be too many negatives in such a huge win!!1

I totally agree with you!  I think most people think it will be so great but they just don't realize just how their lives will change and often for the worse! Other people will view them...even family & friends differently and not in a good way.

It would be scary to have that kind of money. I would be looking over my shoulder all the time and worry about the safety of my family.  That's just too much money for me. No thanks!

I would be very happy with maybe 5 million...after taxes.  I would love to help my kids & brother, take friends on some nice vacations and have a secure future.  I would want all of that without the public knowing.