Honored Contributor

I hope she gets good legal and financial advice.  Maybe she could send a million down to Texas to help with relief there after the hurricane.  I would love to be able to help others if I had that much money. 

Respected Contributor

I watched her on tv the day after she won and all I could think of was...what an idiot.  Instead of plastering her face all across America, she should have been sitting down with a financial planner but no, let everyone know that you won it.  I bet she's got relatives coming out of the woodwork and freeloaders after her all day long.  My prediction is that she goes this money before she gets her head on straight.

Respected Contributor

on the Boston news stations the Winner's ex boyfriend went on camera and said she left him last August.  they were together 15 years and he was not interested to get married again due to a bad divorce.  he said he has no regrets (riiiigghht)   he said he would have liked to pay off his house and take a trip to Europe.

She's worth more than..Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift and the Ks among others

Honored Contributor

She has lots of money,i think i heard someone say on tv,she could spend a million dollars every day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@muttmom  He had been her ex husband for many years.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I have not seen that woman on TV, she well could be "unsophisticated " like someone here said. So what? She got lucky and we did not!!!!

But I read that she lost her husband 9 months ago, he was a disabled fireman and was crushed to death by a truck while sitting on the bus stop.

Now its gonna be a long line of suitors.....

This is a horrible story. I don't think she could have recovered much emotionally from that loss, and now this, while it seems like good news, might just be the next tragedy in her life, if the story of some of the horrible things past winners say is true.

I would never have come forward like that, but I sincerly hope this works out well for her. 

Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

The winner has already come forward:

Mavis Wanczyk, 53, of Chicopee, Massachusetts, is the sole winner of the grand prize.

At a Thursday press conference, she said she recalled thinking, “It’s never gonna be me.” She added:  “It’s just a pipe dream I’ve always had.”

I'm sure she'll appreciate you mentioning her name here, as if in the press wasn't enough.

Valued Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Waving:  "Yo, Mavis, remember me?" Woman LOL

@Suzeecat Love your sense of humor!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Powerball Winner

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

@muttmom  He had been her ex husband for many years.

@Junebug54

I explained yesterday the article I read in the NY Post referred to him as her husband.  Later they changed it to her EX husband.

It was pointed out by another poster that once again I got it wrong and I should read the article before posting incorrect information.  Next thing I knew the posts initiated by that poster and my response to her were gone.

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

The winner has already come forward:

Mavis Wanczyk, 53, of Chicopee, Massachusetts, is the sole winner of the grand prize.

At a Thursday press conference, she said she recalled thinking, “It’s never gonna be me.” She added:  “It’s just a pipe dream I’ve always had.”

I'm sure she'll appreciate you mentioning her name here, as if in the press wasn't enough.

Her name became public record, as soon as she accepted the prize.