Frequent Contributor

Powerball Winner

[ Edited ]

Well I live in the Small Town in Western MA that has the Powerball WINNER from last night's BIGGEST Powerball ever!! Media Trucks from all TV stations surrounding the Store. I guess they are waiting for the "Middle Aged" Lady they think is the winner to show up!!!! I am sure she is talking to a Lawyer before showing up. Biggest thing that has happened here in a Long time or MAYBE EVER!!

Frequent Contributor

Don't know what I did But my post showed up Twice!

Honored Contributor

If I were the winner it would be a while before I came forward. I would get a lawyer and a Financial Advisor first and foremost...Once you come forward you will be bombarded like crazy, and every one will want a piece of you.I can just imagine how crazy it would be.......

Respected Contributor

Lawyer, Financial advisor,  MOVE then come forward in that order. Hope the winner makes use of the winnings in a positive way.

Respected Contributor

Security would be an issue too, people do crazy things.

Honored Contributor

Everybody thinks it would be so great to win big like that but it would change your life forever - and not really in a good way!  So many have said they are now unhappy after a big win and have lost their privacy.  I say no thanks - not for me.  I am happy with my life as it is!  Maybe  a win of about 50,000 would be nice but there would be too many negatives in such a huge win!!1

Trusted Contributor

Can you imagine all the "relatives" you never knew you had that would crawl under the woodwork??? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Everybody thinks it would be so great to win big like that but it would change your life forever - and not really in a good way!  So many have said they are now unhappy after a big win and have lost their privacy.  I say no thanks - not for me.  I am happy with my life as it is!  Maybe  a win of about 50,000 would be nice but there would be too many negatives in such a huge win!!1

I think I could be that unhappy!

Esteemed Contributor

People that you thought that you could trust, and were close to, family and friends, change when you won't share with them.

And I'm not talking about a one-time sharing, I mean constantly giving them money every time that they ask for it.

They also can resent you for having won.

Trusted Contributor

I agree....we are such private people I would hate for everyone to know who we are...I wonder if you can have anonymity or do you have to come out to the world? I thought I read that's part of winning the lottery your name is made public.  Ahhh, but all that loot...pretty amazing!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it