Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I've been stocking up for several weeks on stamps, getting some each payday. I like to have at least 100 on hand, but will be building up after running almost totally out. I am going to go through my budget book, and try and figure out an approximate number of stamps we use in a year, and try to get two years worth. We'll see. 

I have just gotten some of the first responders stamps. My dad was a police officer, so I love those!

@Mominohio

Wow ..... these days,  if I mail one snail mail envelope a month, that' s a lot for me .... other than a dozen Christmas cards each year.   Do you send a lot of cards? 

@Tinkrbl44

We still pay many bills by mail (electric, some insurances, phone etc. we aren't into automatic bill pay or online banking) and I probably send 50 cards a year total for all holidays/birthdays etc. 

Honored Contributor

I have stocked up, even buying more John Lennon stamps than I already have.   Stock-up notwithstanding, the selections weren't great (bought Valentine hearts too) and I just know I'll love some new stamps enough to buy more at the higher price.  I always get sucked into that because I love stamps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Postage increase

[ Edited ]

a bargain to me....they even pickup and deliver my mail to me!  Can not beat that👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I have stocked up, even buying more John Lennon stamps than I already have.   Stock-up notwithstanding, the selections weren't great (bought Valentine hearts too) and I just know I'll love some new stamps enough to buy more at the higher price.  I always get sucked into that because I love stamps.

@Pearlee

My PO had some nice Chinese New Year stamps ... very pretty.   No John Lennon at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

I pay everything online.

Honored Contributor

I bought a sheet of the Hot Wheels stamps yesterday.  That should last most of the year.

Honored Contributor

Only my husband buys stamps.  I don't use them.  I write email or text.  Forget letters.  I don't do them. I pay my bills online. My husband made me go to the post office recently to buy one roll of Forever stamps.  I think it cost $50.00.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My husband and I were just talking about how hard it is to deliver the mail. You are out in all weathers. It can be dangerous with dogs etc

Just yesterday, Mr Cherry was telling me a guy, in a truck, delivering mail to the boxes ,on the side of the road ,was rear ended  ,and wound up in a field.

Of all the things my taxes go for, this is something that benefits me, every single day

I never begrudge a postal raise. I think it is money well spent

As a wife of a letter carrier, thank you for supporting the Post Office.  However, the Post Office is totally self funding and uses NO tax money at all.  This is a common misconception.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee

My PO had some nice Chinese New Year stamps ... very pretty.   No John Lennon at all.  

@Tinkrbl44  Mine had those too.  I bought last year's but didn't want this year's Chinese New Year ones.