Honored Contributor

Re: Possible snow for southeast this weekend

It's 34 and started raining/sleeting/whoknowswhat here about 30 minutes ago. 

They've told us to expect to be at home for three days. We're 30 minutes in to snowpocalypse 2017 and my husband and I already have that wild eyed "get me out of the house!" Look. Gonna be a long weekend. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:
@Suziepeach - N. Fulton! BTW, I had my children at Piedmont Hospital. An icy rain has just started falling here!

@dawg lover- I'm really, really close to N. Fulton. 

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Laura14, fly my pretties!!!

@Suziepeach- I LOVE this. Where did you find it?

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

It's 34 and started raining/sleeting/whoknowswhat here about 30 minutes ago. 

They've told us to expect to be at home for three days. We're 30 minutes in to snowpocalypse 2017 and my husband and I already have that wild eyed "get me out of the house!" Look. Gonna be a long weekend. 

@gidgetgh  Snowpocalypse 2017!  LOL  You know everyone else on this forum north of the Mason Dixon line is just rolling and laughing at us right now for the maybe 4" were about to get.  They just don't understand....Smiley Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 ... on our news station, WKRN.  Use this honey!  Get your buns home. Nashville says so!

In Atlanta, where memories of a catastrophic snow and ice storm in 2014 are still fresh, city leaders pleaded with motorists not to venture out onto slick highways. The earlier storm brought traffic to a standstill on metro Atlanta freeways, and office workers were forced to spend the night in their cars, stuck in the gridlock.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, I did an engine search for Wizard of Oz gifs and a whole bunch came up.... 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Southern WV is cold at 23 degrees; icy conditions this morning closed area schools, but we have very little snow on the ground.   Light flurries are falling, but no further accumulation is expected.   Another single digit night expected with cold temperatures all weekend.   Official pajama day in our house today!   

Trucker daughter has been on the road 6 days, and is in CO, hoping to get loaded and headed home today.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Okay I just went to WSB's website and the Governor and the Atlanta Mayor said to be home by 4pm.  The Atlanta Mayor has zero jurisidiction over me but I think I'm close enough to be co-opted at this point.  

And the Governor is like the whole state.  He never says much but he's telling us to be off the roads by 4pm.  I am a loyal, law abiding citizen.  I think I'm going to play that news clip at my unemployment hearing and do my civic duty to drive home in a cold rain because it's just illegal if I don't.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink 

Bring on the snow!!

@Laura14,

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@Laura14 ... on our news station, WKRN.  Use this honey!  Get your buns home. Nashville says so!

In Atlanta, where memories of a catastrophic snow and ice storm in 2014 are still fresh, city leaders pleaded with motorists not to venture out onto slick highways. The earlier storm brought traffic to a standstill on metro Atlanta freeways, and office workers were forced to spend the night in their cars, stuck in the gridlock.

@Preds  I'm using it!  He's from Springfield.  Maybe it'll work!  

I just had a horrifying thought.  What if my wi fi goes out and I have no access to the forum?  I finally get home after a long day at work and I have lost all connectivity with the outside world.  Forget the roads!  Comcast better be on this like ice on a power line!  

Trusted Contributor

23 degrees and snowing here in North Texas! So pretty!