Honored Contributor

Holy cow - speaking of road rage

Not far from my home this morning a man was mad at another driver and got out of his car & was pounding on the guy's car - the man who was still in his car pulled out a gun & shot twice - hitting the first guy. The man was injured but not killed. The gun owner drove away so the police are certainly looking for him. I always say - the Constitution says you can own a gun and you can carry a gun - but not you can shoot anyone with that gun. This man will go to jail for this shooting if they catch him.

Valued Contributor

Re: Holy cow - speaking of road rage

But why are the gun guys always several eggs short of a dozen?

Honored Contributor

Some states say you can shoot someone if you fear for your life.

Legally, it might be that guy's mistake was leaving the scene.

Honored Contributor

I know they say people kill people, but boy these guns sure do make it easy.  Luckily this guy wasn't killed.

Respected Contributor

It's just sad what the world has come to.  Teachers need to start teaching compassion in their classrooms and get ahead of all of this anger in people nowadays.  Two cousins up in Indianapolis who worked in their family restaurant were closing the restaurant the other night when two gunmen came in (they were there a whole 2 minutes) and killed both cousins and robbed the store. They were found by a family member when the family couldn't reach either of them.  Very sad.  People are nuts out there! 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Some states say you can shoot someone if you fear for your life.

Legally, it might be that guy's mistake was leaving the scene.

It's a pretty big stretch of the imagination to say a man pounding on your hood & yelling while you are inside the car is cause to fear for your life. Close the windows, lock the doors, & drive away come to mind before taking a gun out and shooting him. If I was on the jury he'd go to jail for shooting that man.

Honored Contributor

It's true, it's call stand your ground, the guy will probably get into trouble for leaving the scene

Respected Contributor

Parents are the ones who need to teach compassion. And model that behavior to their children. 

Honored Contributor

Were you a witness to this or did you read it on Facebook?

Respected Contributor

Just recently in Little Rock, a man got mad at a car sitting in front of him at a stop light. I guess the woman didn't move as fast as he thought she should. The man honked his horn and then the woman honked her horn.

The man then shot into her car and killed her 3 year-old grandson.

So whatever you might think that you would do in a certain situation, you may not have a chance to drive away.

In the old days, people would honk at someone if they were doing something wrong like not turning on their turn signal. Today, I wouldn't honk at anyone because you might get shot.