Respected Contributor

We got a credit card in the mail today with both our names on it.  Mine and husband.  Anyway, it said it was from the government.  I called the police and asked them after my husband checked it on line, after I FORCED him to.  It said that it's that stimulus thing but they were supposed to send checks.  Alot of people sredded them thinking they were scams or come ons.  I called the local police and they said yeah, it's legit.  I think it stinks.  NO ONE told us we were getting a debit card!  Yeah, I get that they want you to spend money in stores but TELL people they're getting a card and not a check.  I don't like it and don't trust it but my husband is gonna eat it if anything IS a scam.  He gave HIS ss# to activate it.  Oh, and by the way, no one gets on the phone to talk to you.

Can anyone please tell me if they've gotten one of these and elaborate.  I'm only trying to protect myself in this crazy world.  I would appreciate it, seriously.

Respected Contributor

There have been posts about this and yes they are sending out cards. 

Honored Contributor

I don't blame her. Glad mine came to our account

Valued Contributor
Personally, I havent heard of anyone receiving a credit card for their stimulus money. I received mine by direct deposit and everyone I know did as well except my parents. They received paper checks.
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Someone Help

[ Edited ]

I would not be happy with a card either....ours finally came as a deposit in our checking account.  I wonder how they decided who got a check, direct deposit or debit card?

edited to fix typo

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Someone Help

[ Edited ]

@77yangya : Legit! Mine came on Friday.

You do not give your full SS# to activate it- only xx-xxxx. If you want to put all or some of the funds in your checking or savings account just take it to your bank and they will help you make the deposit. No need to freak out- it's money. 

Oh, and it's a Debit card, not a Credit card.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya  Yes there is a longer thread on this. A lot of us received the debit card. The letter that came with it gives you info on ways to use it. It is legit. Some had it deposited in their bank account, some received a check and some received a debit card.

Regular Contributor

I received check, but my sister received the debit card.  She also thought at first it might be a scam.

It should have been announced on news or in newspapers so people would know.  We were puzzled as to why she got the card and i received the check,  They actually arrived within a day of each other.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I would not be happy with a card either....ours finally came as a deposit in our checking account.  I wonder how they decided who got a check, direct deposit or debit card?

edited to fix typo

@Mom2Dogs  I think it depended on your taxes, pay or refund. We always pay and there was no info on where to send it as they never had to send us a refund. We never went to the government site and gave any info. We got the debit card.

Trusted Contributor