Respected Contributor

So I bought a paint by number.

I haven’t done one of these in years, probably since I was a kid in the 80’s. This one is a lot more details and bigger, but I thought since I’m home more, why not? Do any of you all paint? Let me make it known that I am not an artist, at all. Just thought it would be fun. 

Honored Contributor

Re: So I bought a paint by number.

I was really into paint-by-number when I was much younger.  I really took it seriously to the point that I bought nicer brusher, with finer tips, My "masterpiece" was The Last Supper".  It was a fairly large piece.  I had it professionally framed when I finished it.  My mom hung it in her kitchen, where it stayed for many years.  

It's a fun hobby!  I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did!

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan    I'll give you an "A" for effort but I'd rather see a poorly done original than any paint by number, although they have vastly improved since my distant youth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I didn't know they were still available.  Used to do them as a kid.  Might be fun to try again.

Honored Contributor

What fun!  What kind of paint do you use?  Watercolors?    Please post a pic of your creation when it's done.

Honored Contributor

Oh, my, that takes me back to my childhood when it was all the rage. I recall my mother did one or more of them.

The crayon books for adults that were so popular a few years ago reminded me of them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've taken up painting too. Easier than putting a puzzle together.  @Kachina624  believe me, no one would want to see my original artwork. Can't draw a straight line.

Frequent Contributor

Look up Pink Picasso kits....beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@NVmimi wrote:

those pink picasso kits grabbed my attention! 

Trusted Contributor

@NVmimi wrote:

I've never even heard about these kits.

Thanks for mentioning them.

I also used to do the paint-by-number kits when I was younger, too.

Does anyone remember the colored pencil kits by Venus, with the color-by-number colored pencils that came with pictures that you could color-by-number, in a box with the pencils?

I used to love those too, and for awhile I would get those at the holidays for presents from one of my Grammas. Happy memories of my childhood. Heart