Honored Contributor

My husband has worked in CA more than he has at home this year.  I've been there many times, but this year I've been there a lot and am headed back before the end of the month.

I wear exactly what I wear here, there.  And don't feel out of place.  When I travel, whether by car or plane, I want to be comfy and chic.  Cozy--- in the heat, not so much!

My parents started spending Jan-Mar in the CA desert a few years ago.  We tease my mother for being a CA girl--in her 80's.  For the first time ever, she had her hair highlighted and looks awesome.  (She never even dyed it.) 

When I picked them up from the airport the first winter they stayed, my mom had on a beautiful One World maxi dress and a faded denim jacket.  I said 'who are you?'.

California has changed her.  This was a woman who always bought what we called *nun's* black bathing suits for as long as we can remember.  She now wears one piece bathing suits with vivid colors and gold etchings.  We're like 'look what you've been hiding all those years!'  WOW!

California has a different vibe than other parts of the country, and I've stayed in many different places with my husband's work.  Coast to coast and all points in between. 

Because I've always lived along coastal towns since I was 14, I get the difference.

Lisa Rinna is selling a clothing line to the general public, whom mostly don't live in Beverly Hills, but they can feel like they are dressing like so--without trying too hard.

The truth is, it doesn't matter where you live or don't live.  It's about your health, your family, your friends that's ultimately--your happiness.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My husband has worked in CA more than he has at home this year.  I've been there many times, but this year I've been there a lot and am headed back before the end of the month.

I wear exactly what I wear here, there.  And don't feel out of place.  When I travel, whether by car or plane, I want to be comfy and chic.  Cozy--- in the heat, not so much!

My parents started spending Jan-Mar in the CA desert a few years ago.  We tease my mother for being a CA girl--in her 80's.  For the first time ever, she had her hair highlighted and looks awesome.  (She never even dyed it.) 

When I picked them up from the airport the first winter they stayed, my mom had on a beautiful One World maxi dress and a faded denim jacket.  I said 'who are you?'.

California has changed her.  This was a woman who always bought what we called *nun's* black bathing suits for as long as we can remember.  She now wears one piece bathing suits with vivid colors and gold etchings.  We're like 'look what you've been hiding all those years!'  WOW!

California has a different vibe than other parts of the country, and I've stayed in many different places with my husband's work.  Coast to coast and all points in between. 

Because I've always lived along coastal towns since I was 14, I get the difference.

Lisa Rinna is selling a clothing line to the general public, whom mostly don't live in Beverly Hills, but they can feel like they are dressing like so--without trying too hard.

The truth is, it doesn't matter where you live or don't live.  It's about your health, your family, your friends that's ultimately--your happiness.

@Lucky Charm  Beautifully stated!  You are so correct!!

Honored Contributor

I don't dislkie Rinna's clothing (style-wise - I don't own any).  I see things like hers all the time at TJMaxx and Marshalls and own similar pieces.  I'm a casual dresser most ot the time.  Casual, but not sloppy.  I like bodycon and comfortable and nice fabric.

But there's just nothing "California" about it, as far as I can tell..