Respected Contributor

Lets stop this and stop it now! We are a melting pot-we all have regional differences, food, cuisine, fashion....can't we just appreciate where we want to live, what we wear , and what we eat for just a minute? If somebody says something, and you don't like it, just TURN IT OFF!

After defending where I live all day, I am absolutely sick of blame games-and I will defend all states.

Not everybody in every state is wealthy-including California.

You may not realize this, but chain furniture stores and textile companies-such as Bed, Bath and Beyond, reinterpret the expensive styles of furniture and textiles so that we can afford it

Stop the dissing....as Muddy Waters said, "It takes both the black keys and the white keys to play the Star Bangled Banner"

Lets appreciate differences....and to anybody out there? I love all states!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Exactly what is Comfy Cozy California Chic.......

A marketing gimmick.

Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Exactly what is Comfy Cozy California Chic.......

Never heard of it and I was raised in CA. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

No one is making fun of CA. We are, however, making fun of the ridiculous marketing expression.

The most wealthy here in CA are the most dressed down most of the time.

Occasional Contributor

Kachina , I do respect you . I am from Californis born and raised . I love the state of New Mexico as I do all the countries I have visited .I don't know you but from what I have observed you are a very strong , inteligent person. Keep in mind that no one is perfect . I do not post on regular basis but I do observe . I have friends in New Mexico who I do visit , you are a lucky Lady . I love my state of California . 

Kamela

Trusted Contributor

CALIFORNIA born and raised! Still here. Travel a lot but I love my home. 

Like...fer....shure! 🏄🏼‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

No one is making fun of CA. We are, however, making fun of the ridiculous marketing expression.

The most wealthy here in CA are the most dressed down most of the time.

And that's what I love about it.  There's much less pretense.

I studied and worked in one of the wealthiest enclaves in the country..the Monterey Peninsula.  I met all kinds of people that lived there..retired heads of multinational corporations, diplomats, celebrities and others in the entertainment industry. 

And for the most part, they were down to earth, easy going people.  I bumped into many well known people in the bank, at Safeway, and they were customers at the bank where I worked.    Generally speaking, classy and nice, no pretense.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

'Much a-do about nothing' (or whatever that expression is).  We can subsitiute almost any state.  Comfy-casual-chic.  I like 'Edgy and chic' and other expressions that have been mentioned on the Q.     Lots of 'casual-chic' cities and states.  No harm done, imo.  Enjoy your weekend!  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

A couple of people responded that it's overpriced anything, etc......I am very passionate about all regional and state differences....there is not one state here without hard-working people in it....and many of us wish we had all the wealth that others think we have......

We all work hard for our money- just let us be together on this.

For example-most Southerners have AC: it does not mean we have it now....we are NOT used to the extreme heat we have now.

People like @Moonchilde, aand my poor beloved, @ Noel7 hhave no defense against it....let's just stop the judgement here....neither one of my beloved, sane posters -with words of wisdom to impart- ever saw the killer heat waves or hurricanes we have endured.Nobody...

Lets just appreciate each other-and our differences-where we live- various cultures

Please. Let's just ban together...

Let's not make blanket statements and feed into stereotypes.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

It's a term used to make people's heads blow off in the forums.

Secondarily, it's used as an ignition switch to begin a bash California thread.

Woman LOL

Bazinga!

Give the poster a cigar - or a margarita. There is never a chance missed to bash both the state and its residents.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all