Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pippa Wants Wedding Guests To Change Clothes

@stevieb wrote:

While I grant you that I decline most invitations to weddings, almost all I've been to or to which I've sent 'regrets' have had the reception following the ceremony. In some cases it might be an hour or so after, but thank heavens there's been none of this several hours later stuff... Honestly, I get it that most weddings are an exercise in self-absorption, but, close friends and family aside, I know of very few people who want to invest an entire day and evening reveling in someone else's nuptials...

I feel the same way. I wouldn't want to wait hours in between the wedding and the reception, especially if the reception includes dinner which it often does. What would you do? You wouldn't go to dinner while waiting to attend a reception where you'd be served another meal. 

I guess if you're from out of town, and staying at a nearby hotel, you could go grab a nap to ensure having the energy to dance the night away. 

The difference with most receptions and this one, though, is the chance to party down with the future king of England inside that beautiful glass marquee. For that I'd make an exception. With a little encouragement he might even belt out a tune. Go William, go William!

Related image