Esteemed Contributor

Pippa Wants Wedding Guests To Change Clothes

I saw an article today that said Pippa wants all the people at the wedding ceremony to change their clothes before the reception.   The article didn't mention if she was going to provide storage space and/or dressing rooms.   Have any of you ever heard of anything like this?  In my opinion she is going a bit overboard and she isn't even royalty.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pippa Wants Wedding Guests To Change Clothes

These people have money and probably have done it all.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it is a theme, or maybe she wants people to be super casual at reception.  Never know.

Valued Contributor

welll....theres church wearing clothes...then theres party wearing clothes...*smirk*

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

She must be planning on them having a swinging good time once they get away from the church.  She ought to know what she's doing.  She and her mom are professional party planners.  Wish I could go. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was one of those "always a bridesmaid" girls decades ago.   In Catholic weddings (and I assume Anglican are the same).......there were only morning masses for weddings.     No "questionable" clothing was allowed in church.    If it was a formal evening reception, everybody went home and changed clothes for the formal affair at a hotel or country club.   

I realize "times have changed"...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I've worked in 3 resorts............there are wedding swimming pool parties

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I don't think that's anything strange. When our son was Bar Mitzvah, we had a black tie optional party following: I changed clothes between the service (Synagogue) and party, as did everybody else....I didn't have to tell people how to dress either.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Yes, I've heard of it. My husband and I have attended several weddings over the years in different areas of the country where this was the tradition. The first time it happened, we were both so surprised, lol!  And those bridal/wedding shows have shown some women buying 2 dresses for years, too. Although at the "clothes-changing" weddings I've attended, it's only been the guests, and not the bridal party.