Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Kalli

You’re cool!

I know inside work isn’t for everyone. You are blessed you live in an area which allows you to go outside without concern (jealous)..!

And you have horses?

I’m here eatin’ my big ‘ole ‘Jelly Sandwich’!!  (uber jealous!)

You are sosososo lucky! I would just live at the stable. Ha

🌼🐴🌼

@sidsmom, thanks!  I truly love my gelding! He's got a quirky sense of humor that matches mine. Haha. 

Now, in the interest of honesty, let me paint you a visual image of the glamor of horse ownership in the winter in PA. Before I go to the barn, I layer bunches of clothes which take about 15 minutes to put on.  Last is a one piece, zipper up the front, insulated black outfit. (Picture the old time 1 piece gas station attendant uniform but quilted for warmth.)  Trendy, eh? 😉 I snagged this in an Extra Large boys size during an end of winter sale a few yrs back.  Next are thick socks and boots with a thick lining.  Sometimes I have so many layers I can't bend over and dh has to tie my boots. Hat and gloves and I waddle out, stuff myself into the car, drive to boarding barn. Struggle to get out of car.  15 minutes later I bring horse to tree, tie him up and realize he must've rolled in the mud before temps dipped below freezing over night and now dried mud is all over him, including mane & tail. Brushing dried mud off is like tossing baby powder into a fan. After coughing and gagging, he's as clean as he's gonna be and then, yea, I get to bend over in all my puffed up layers and pick out each hoof.  Exhausted now and didn't even tack up yet!  🤣🤣🤣

hm....peloton is looking pretty smart right now.  Please pass the jelly sandwich! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli

Oh, I didn't take it that way at all!

Exercise is very personal -- we do what we do. No judgments from me!

Sometimes getting up in the morning and getting through the day is all I can manage.

I used to LOVE walking outside when the weather was bad -- rain, snow, hot.  Made me feel strong!

Walk on!