Honored Contributor

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

[ Edited ]

Is today. Mom always talked about where she and Daddy were on this day. They came out of the movie theater and people were running around talking about it.

She was the one that called us on 9-11 and told us to turn on the TV.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

My mom also talked about where she was on that fateful afternoon.  She was in a movie theater in Terre Haute IN. She and my dad had been married only a few months, and he was in the service at Ft. Riley KS. 

Respected Contributor

My Mom talked about how she was listening to the radio when they told about the attack on Pearl Harbor.... 

Trusted Contributor

Hubby and I just happened to be in Hawaii and went to Pearl Harbor on their 70th  Anniversary.  Seriously it was incredible.  You really have no idea what it was like until you go there. We have deep deep respect for the men and women for what they went through and for what they did.

Honored Contributor

Never forget!

Honored Contributor

One of the proudest things I ever did in my life was helping build and honor my grandparents with the WWII Memorial. I think you can still honor your family with the registry if you want to.

.WWIIP.jpg

WWII.jpg

Respected Contributor

My mother had a good friend whose husband was killed in the attacks. I didn't really know much about Pearl Harbor until I grew up but it was always in my mind as the place where this dear friend's husband was killed. I grew up with her son and he never mentioned it so I guess I was just too young to understand. Now it has new meaning as I've grown and learned more. I've never visited the memorial in Hawaii, thinking it would be too emotional for me, I don't like to get emotional in crowds. Much respect for all our servicemen and women.

Respected Contributor

Always a day that I keep in mind to remember and honor those who served and lost their lives.

Esteemed Contributor

I have also visited Pearl Harbor in Hawaii and it was one of the most humbling days of my life.

Honored Contributor

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day | December 7