Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette 

I wear the same outfit as I do for pumpkin picking LOL!  

Actually it's a fun Autumn activity around my area of the country.  😀

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl I always love and eat the skins of peaches, plums, apricots.

Respected Contributor

I peel them.  I just made a good peach cobbler today with good, local peaches.  I also enjoy a cut up peach on dry cereal or oatmeal in the morning.  The peaches we have now are Crest Haven and Flaming Fury.  They are very close in texture and taste, but I think I like the Crest Haven the best.  After I buy peaches and bring them home, they usually need to ripen.  I put a couple in a paper bag and let them sit in there for a few days.  That works for me. 

Honored Contributor

No peeling here.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If I'm simply eating a peach, I don't peel it, but if I'm making ice cream or having a bowl of peaches & cream, then yes, I peel them.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

We don't have peach trees in Hawaii, so ours shipped in.  Just another reason I can't wait to retire and move to South Carolina!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

We get amazing Palisade peaches here in Co. I peel them and slice them if we are just eating them plain. I leave the peel on when I put them in the oven split in half with brown sugar. Then top them with vanilla ice cream.

Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn 

Oh, that sounds good!  What oven temperature and for how long in the oven?  I'd like to try that.

Honored Contributor

I love peaches and peel them.

Respected Contributor
I peel peaches and apricots. I do not like the texture of the fuzz when I am eating them.