Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thanks but I would prefer that everyone pay for his own food.   This practice would produce a feeling of awkwardness for me.   I've never had it happen but I don't eat much fast food. 

You do make a good point. I am usually alone when I go some place like Starbucks, but since I live in a tourist community, there is often a family or 4 or 5 behind me.  If they can afford to vacation here...they don't need me to pay for them!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paying It Forward Today

[ Edited ]

I've never paid for someone's food order or someone's coffee.

Honored Contributor

When I do a good deed I prefer to keep it to myself. Not the type to tell anyone to "toot my own horn". But thats just me. 

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thanks but I would prefer that everyone pay for his own food.   This practice would produce a feeling of awkwardness for me.   I've never had it happen but I don't eat much fast food. 

You do make a good point. I am usually alone when I go some place like Starbucks, but since I live in a tourist community, there is often a family or 4 or 5 behind me.  If they can afford to vacation here...they don't need me to pay for them!

@september No one is saying you have to pay the bill for anyone. If someone does a good deed for you pass it on in another way.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@ID2 People ar not "tooting their own horn" as you say. They are relating the acts of kindness that happened to them and what they did in return, and since we don't know who anyone is on these boards, they are not tooting in my opinion.Woman HappyRobot LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Lets keep it going. I always pay for a police officer or fireman's meal. They pay it forward by the work they do for us.Woman HappyHeart    

Don't worry, be Happy!