Esteemed Contributor

I cannot remember the last time that I had a fast-food sandwich.  However, after my ortho visit today, I had a prescription to fill that was quite strong and needed to be taken with food.  Since it was just past noon, I decided to use the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A and get a spicy chicken sandwich and take the meds.  When I got to the window to pay, I was told that the car in front of me had already paid for mine.  I, in turn, paid for the car in back of me (thank goodness the bill, while more than mine, was not outrageous).

Such a good feeling and sets the tone for the rest of the day.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Sweet story. Hope you're feeling better. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

That is such a nice feeling when you are treated to something and you didn't even know the person...they just wanted to make your day a little special.Yesterday I was buying a loaf of bread at a small bakery and the man behind me told the cashier to add his stuff to the bill and he was paying.I told him no but he insisted and then I remembered that when someone tries to be kind that you should be gracious about accepting.I felt a little strange about it but thanked him and left feeling that there are a lot of nice people left in this world.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

That is such a nice feeling when you are treated to something and you didn't even know the person...they just wanted to make your day a little special.Yesterday I was buying a loaf of bread at a small bakery and the man behind me told the cashier to add his stuff to the bill and he was paying.I told him no but he insisted and then I remembered that when someone tries to be kind that you should be gracious about accepting.I felt a little strange about it but thanked him and left feeling that there are a lot of nice people left in this world.

Yes there is the art and joy of being gracious and letting others do something for you. Now I just need to find that person on my next trip to Tiffany's,..lol.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley ah yes that is a dream that could only happen once in a million dreams

Honored Contributor

Thanks but I would prefer that everyone pay for his own food.   This practice would produce a feeling of awkwardness for me.   I've never had it happen but I don't eat much fast food. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a friend who carries around Starbucks gift cards ($5.00) and when she sees someone in a military uniform she gives them one. She is a lovely person in every sense of the word.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I don't eat fast food either but my surprise happened at a bakery and it was a first for me...so you just never know.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl. What a good deed these days when usually no one's thinking of others!! Bravo!

Super Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I cannot remember the last time that I had a fast-food sandwich.  However, after my ortho visit today, I had a prescription to fill that was quite strong and needed to be taken with food.  Since it was just past noon, I decided to use the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A and get a spicy chicken sandwich and take the meds.  When I got to the window to pay, I was told that the car in front of me had already paid for mine.  I, in turn, paid for the car in back of me (thank goodness the bill, while more than mine, was not outrageous).

Such a good feeling and sets the tone for the rest of the day.

Nice @SXMGirl

Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for sharing this and setting the tone for others.

😀